zoom g5n adapter replacement

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

zoom g5n adapter replacement

Post by robertdonithan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 am

When I went to guitar center one time I overheard a man with a multi effects pedal who's pedal sounded weak..the salesman recommended a new adapter..it worked..right in front of me..the effects went right back to normal..the salesman said the adapter wore out eventually..
well, I'm not sure but my very small adapter that came with the zoom g5n multi effects pedal new may be doing the same thing...all of the distortion presets seem to not quite come through right..they have like a repeated or even like a faint tremolo aftertone when plucking single strings...some type of interference...but only with distortion or overdrive...
I leave the adapter plugged in with the wire end just sitting on the floor..for a year or so now..maybe this wore the adapter down..
my question is has anyone had experience with the adapter or the type of problem I'm having with the distortion presets?..and where can I find online a heavy duty replacement adapter?
0 x

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Re: zoom g5n adapter replacement

Post by Jim_Fogle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 pm

I went to Zoom's G5n webpage and looked up the specifications. Power is supplied by the Zoom AD-16 AC adapter which delivers 9 Volts dc at 500 mA. The connector to the G5n has a center minus plug. I did an internet search using "AC adapter DC9V (center minus plug), 500 mA" as the search term and came up with plenty of hits from music stores, WalMart, eBay and other stores.

500ma is the current rating. You can always use an AC adapter that can deliver more current but you should never use one that delivers less current. Using an adapter that can deliver more current than is needed provides for a cushion against changes in input power. I always get replacement adapters that can deliver more current than is required so I'd suggest getting an adapter that can handle 750ma, 1000ma or 1 amp. :^:
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

Re: zoom g5n adapter replacement

Post by robertdonithan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Jim_Fogle wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 pm
I went to Zoom's G5n webpage and looked up the specifications. Power is supplied by the Zoom AD-16 AC adapter which delivers 9 Volts dc at 500 mA. The connector to the G5n has a center minus plug. I did an internet search using "AC adapter DC9V (center minus plug), 500 mA" as the search term and came up with plenty of hits from music stores, WalMart, eBay and other stores.

500ma is the current rating. You can always use an AC adapter that can deliver more current but you should never use one that delivers less current. Using an adapter that can deliver more
current than is needed provides for a cushion against changes in input power. I always get
replacement adapters that can deliver more
current than is required so I'd suggest getting an
adapter that can handle 750ma, 1000ma or 1 amp.
:^:
thanks...
1 x