I've got this incredibly odd error with my G1on

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Ellis
new to this board
new to this board

I've got this incredibly odd error with my G1on

Post by Ellis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Hey all! So I'm pretty sure this is an error, but my G1on is ... messing with my effect patches. I don't really know how to sum it up so I'm going to do my best to describe the problem.

I got my G1on and it works wonders, loving it!

I spend a day making effect patches and practicing, and on Thursday I bring it to my church to practice with the team.

But for some reason... all the patches produce the same effect, some odd, heavily reverberating classic tone. Each stock patch and each one I created all sound the same! I tried resetting the device but it didn't work.

I get home and plug it in to try again, and it's fine! What?

It works for Sunday, and the Sunday after that, I'm really loving this thing!

Then just today I try to practice again and now it has a slightly similar error, but also significantly different. Some of the patches don't make any sound at all, others are heavily reverberated despite having no reverb effects on them, and they sound very little like what they are supposed to.

I performed a firmware update on the G1on and replaced the batteries, but nothing changed.

If this is anything like last time, I'll load it up tomorrow and it will be just fine, and then it will stay fine ... until it's not.

I have no idea what's going on, is my G1on defective? Is there some way to fix this? What even is going on? Thanks for any replies!
0 x