same send return on all tracks

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
josiedog
new to this board
new to this board

same send return on all tracks

Post by josiedog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:13 am

Hi - I'm sure I've made a basic error here, pressed the wrong button. But when using the Zoom r24 today, I cant put different send-return effects on different tracks. For instance i might choose chorus on track 1 guitar. But when I come to record guitar on track 2, using echo on the guitar, the effect on track 1 gets wiped and replaced by the echo. So the tracks end up with same send-return effect. Been using the zoom since July, haven't had this happen yet. I probably pressed something by mistake. Any help?
0 x

sciurius
been here a while
been here a while

Re: same send return on all tracks

Post by sciurius » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 am

Are you confusing send/return and insert events?
R24 has EQ settings and CHORUS and REVERB send/return effects for all tracks individually, but only one single track at a time can have an insert effect.
See the excellent tutorial viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15370 .
0 x
Zoom H2n, Zoom R24, Ardour, Audacity on Linux (Fedora)

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: same send return on all tracks

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:23 am

FYI: the OP did post essentially the same message in the HD/R series forum...
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards