Manufacturer warranty?

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Merlin5
member in good standing
member in good standing

Manufacturer warranty?

Post by Merlin5 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:34 am

Hi all. I bought a Zoom UAC-2 USB 3.0 audio converter in August 2016 but never used it, I only opened the box. I sold it today for half the current price, so he got a bargain. Anyway, the retailer's warranty was 12 months so obviously that has expired. But I'm just wondering if there would still be any manufacturer warranty with Zoom themselves that I could inform the buyer of should he ever need to use it?
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Manufacturer warranty?

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 am

(Yeah, me again, after sending you here).

Google search for Zoom warranty brought up (italics are mine): https://www.zoom-na.com/product-registration
Zoom North America
Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one year hence.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Merlin5
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by Merlin5 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks Wulfraed. Looks like it's all over then, my 1 year has expired with both the retailer and Zoom themselves. I'm in the UK and bought in the UK not USA, but I imagine the same 1 year limitation applies.
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:17 pm

You'd have to find the UK distributor site to confirm, but yeah -- I doubt any place outside of the US (and maybe Canada) would get a longer warranty period.

I'm actually surprised the US phrasing implies the warranty might transfer to subsequent owners, and is not just for the original purchaser.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards