Livetrak L-12 for rehearsal

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
luizfer69
new to this board
new to this board

Livetrak L-12 for rehearsal

Post by luizfer69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 am

I want to use the LiveTrak L-12 for a silent rehearsal system for all the members of my band (like Jamhub), and I want each headphones mix could be customized with all the settings that can be possible (EQ + Compressor + Pan + Volume). According to what I could find out, it's a shame that the monitor signals in headphones don't have the EFx settings of each channel.

Just to clarify: in each headphone mix (A B C D E) you can listen to the selected channels with the volume, pan and equalization assigned to each one, but NOT the effects (reverb, delays, etc), all this in a stereo signal, right? And what about the compressor? The signal of the channels for each headphone would also have the compressor in them?
0 x

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: Livetrak L-12 for rehearsal

Post by Jim_Fogle » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question. Please rephrase your question.

Have you tried contacting Zoom North America with your question? Product questions can be asked here: https://www.zoom-na.com/contact
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2018 Band-in-a-Box, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

luizfer69
new to this board
new to this board

Post by luizfer69 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 am

Thanks Jim! I have bought the L-12 already in eBay with an amazing price. When it arrives to home I'm going to test this feature by myself. It's about the mix in each headphone outputs. If I have doubts I will contact to Zoom directly. Thanks again!
0 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:45 am

luizfer69 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 am
Just to clarify: in each headphone mix (A B C D E) you can listen to the selected channels with the volume, pan and equalization assigned to each one, but NOT the effects (reverb, delays, etc), all this in a stereo signal, right? And what about the compressor? The signal of the channels for each headphone would also have the compressor in them?
Hi Luizfer69, based on the review in sound on sound magazine you are right, no effects in the headphone feed. According to the reviewer:
Compression... is hard wired into the input path rather than the mixer itself. Any compression you apply is thus 'baked in' to the recorded signal, in contrast to the EQ.
To me this suggests the headphone mix would have the compressed signal
1 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

luizfer69
new to this board
new to this board

Post by luizfer69 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks a lot for your reply GreenA2!

It's a shame that the effects can not be hearing through the headphones outputs. It would be a better listening experience if all the musicians could hear the reverbs and delays on vocals for example in the monitor mix. But I wonder if it could be possible somehow, using the master output with FXs to get it back to the L-12 to another channel and muting the source signal.

For example: Vocals go to channel #1 with effects, only that channel goes to the Master output, with an XLR cable that signal goes again to the channel #2 with the wet signal so it can be heard by all the headphones outputs. The Master output only would have the wet channel #1 and all the others muted, and in the headphones the mixes would have the channel #2 with the wet signal from the Master and all the others channels except the number #1 muted to avoid feedback.

I don't know if I am clear enough or if this is a dumb question. This would be my firts mixer and I don't know too much about sound processing.

Anyway, this is a good question for the Zoom staff.
0 x