ZOOM RT323 MIDI THRU

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
geobee
new to this board
new to this board

ZOOM RT323 MIDI THRU

Post by geobee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 am

Hi all, having trouble setting the machine to give midi thru. In the midi section there are several functions but they don't actually say midi thru as in other drum machines. If someone could walk me through the procedure, that would be great. The manual doesn't appear to cover the procedure as I would expect it to. Regards.
0 x

squatch57
new to this board
new to this board

Re: ZOOM RT323 MIDI THRU

Post by squatch57 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:06 pm

geobee wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 am
Hi all, having trouble setting the machine to give midi thru. In the midi section there are several functions but they don't actually say midi thru as in other drum machines. If someone could walk me through the procedure, that would be great. The manual doesn't appear to cover the procedure as I would expect it to. Regards.
i just went through the manual and i couldn't find any settings for midi through...bummer
When they mention 'thru' they're talking about one of the functions for the seperate midi track
What I did find cool was that you could overdub that midi track with a different channel and patches. Pretty awesome
It means you could use just the RT323 and multitimbral midi keyboard to make tracks...no extra sequencer required
It's probably because of these extra track functions that they can't do a normal midi through
(Unless midi through works automatically, but if you've already tried that then we're probably out of luck)
Great machine anyway!
0 x