G3n, G3nx, G5n Four-Parameter Limit

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
stubbsonic

G3n, G3nx, G5n Four-Parameter Limit

Post by stubbsonic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:10 pm

My first couple of weeks with the G3n have been fine. It's a good unit, well-built, and sounds good. Like the MS-100BT, it preserves dynamics and clarity in clean sounds.

Coming from the Multi-Stomp series (MS-100BT) and it's related modules, one thing that bothered me was noticing the limitations imposed by having only 4 adjustable parameters on the single screen modules. I noticed some places where some sounds were less adjustable.

With the amp models, it kind of worked out because they put them on double-screens with 8 parameters, and they separated out the cab-sim to a separate module with 4 separate parameters.

But with some of the other devices, there is less tweak-ability. I think in quite a few cases, I'd like to see both single & double-screen versions of some modules (where some important parameters were sacrificed).
0 x