HELP Please - Zoom G3X Looper and Drum Machine Out of Sync

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
GV

HELP Please - Zoom G3X Looper and Drum Machine Out of Sync

Post by GV » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:19 am

Hi,
I have a Zoom G3X and am finding that the looper works as it should when I do not use the drum machine, but when I try to use the two together, the looper does the following:

1. Starts to record several seconds after I have stomped on the 'record' switch, and
2. Is out of sync with the drums (probably because it is starting to record later than I am 'telling' it to)

I have read that some other people have had this experience with the G3 and the G3X, and that other G3 and G3X owners never experience this.

One person wrote somewhere that he temporarily fixed this problem by restoring his G3 to its factory default settings, but that several hours later, the unit again put the looped recording and the drums out of sync.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Many thanks.
0 x
"If The Beatles or the '60s had a message, it was 'Learn to Swim'. And once you've learned - Swim".
John Lennon