G3n, G3nX, G5n Wish List

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Re: G3n, G3nX, G5n Wish List

Post by Beatnick » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:48 pm

Moved to another thread
Last edited by Beatnick on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n (Currently the only pedal I use), G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Nhoj
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Nhoj » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:05 am

Beatnick wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:48 pm
Nhoj wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:13 am

Try to messaged them through https://www.facebook.com/ZoomNorthAmerica/

i messaged them there and they responded
I just sent another email asking if they plan on doing any more firmware updates and about the possibility of adding a couple more effect slots (I thought about asking about seamless delay for you,
Thank you
0 x

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:26 am

Moved to another thread
Last edited by Beatnick on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n (Currently the only pedal I use), G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Nhoj
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Nhoj » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Beatnick wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:26 am
Nhoj wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:05 am
Beatnick wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:48 pm

I just sent another email asking if they plan on doing any more firmware updates and about the possibility of adding a couple more effect slots (I thought about asking about seamless delay for you,
Thank you
I will post once they answer and let you know what they say. It probably won't be till later in the week though. I doubt they'll reply on the weekend. I just went to the Zoom website and used the email on their contact page.
Thank you
0 x

stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 am

I'd like to see a full-featured dynamic expander. I think the G-series has the capability to do this.

It would implement some ideas from gates and compressors, but with a couple added functions. You would have an adjustable THRESHOLD which you use to set a mid point in terms of dynamics. When the input level exceeds the threshold, the level is increased in direct proportion to the peak level above the threshold. So at the threshold there is no level boost. And when the input is above the threshold, the output is increased using a ratio, like a compressor does. When signal is below the threshold, a different ratio is used. This would allow the profile to have an "angle" at the threshold point.

A SENSING setting would allow you to adjust how the "DCA" determines the level average over time. It would be akin to Peak vs RMS, but allowing you to set how much averaging of input level over time is used to set the output level.

Attack and Release times would smooth out the response and transitions.

Most of the time, a player wants less dynamics, and more limiting or compressing, but there are times when having this would make the instrument feel "hyper-responsive" which might be a very useful effect.

The applications could be to "de-compress" signals where you set a threshold approximately where some limiting is occuring and attempt to rescale level changes above the threshold. Similarly, if an amp model is used that adds drive, then some dynamic shape could be returned to the signal post distortion.

If a cross-over was added, it could be a nice way to have a noise gate on steroids that gives you much more fine control over the noise.
0 x

Nhoj
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Nhoj » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 pm

The question is why Zoom N series doesnt have Seamless Delay that the past Zoom models have, is that very hard to add to the new processor dsp?
0 x

stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm

You've asked this same question on three threads now. You are on fire!! :)
0 x

Nhoj
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Nhoj » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:54 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm
You've asked this same question on three threads now. You are on fire!! :)
Maybe Zoom is not making new multi effects, maybe the n series is the last multi effects line.
0 x

NucleusX
dues paid
dues paid

Post by NucleusX » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:12 am

For many years, Zoom have had multifx pedals with and without delay trails, as-well as "n" suffix model designations.
Neither of those 2 factors would logically suggest that Zoom will no longer produce multifx pedals.
0 x

Nhoj
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Nhoj » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:03 am

NucleusX wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:12 am
For many years, Zoom have had multifx pedals with and without delay trails, as-well as "n" suffix model designations.
Neither of those 2 factors would logically suggest that Zoom will no longer produce multifx pedals.
I wish your right that why i said maybe.
0 x