G3n, G3nX, G5n Wish List

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Nhoj

Re: G3n, G3nX, G5n Wish List

Post by Nhoj » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:46 pm

what good with Zoom is the durability, other brands have fancy features but have a lot of hardware issues later
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:40 am

Yea, generally, the Zoom products are pretty well made.

I looked at the insides of the MS-100BT and it seemed to have some complicated build aspects. I wonder if they had to modify the design. It looked tricky, which made me wonder if that is why they discontinued it.

The G3n has a pretty nice build for plastic.

The Boss GP-10 that I have is built like a tank. I haven't had it very long, and it did have one "glitch" episode where it wouldn't show memory contents correctly. I had to perform a factory reset, and it seems to work fine now. But the build itself, and the design is pretty flawless.

I can't say the same for the Pod HD500. The encoder broke, and I had to replace it (not easy). The design of the Pod HD500 is also pretty bad. A few times I'd be on a gig and somehow accidentally end up stuck in looper mode-- having to power down and back up at a very awkward moment in a show. I ended up having to tape a block over the looper button.

The digidesign pedal I had for a little while was built like a tank as well. Didn't like the sounds, but was solid enough.
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:51 am

Add a pedal settings section to the global settings.

Global Pedal Settings:
1. Rescan on Preset Change (Global yes / Global no / Patch)
2. Calibrate curve: (go)

First of all, in the preset, in the patch settings, add a setting for how the pedal will be addressed when selecting the preset. It could rescan on patch select, or load the actual effect setting on load (pedal ignored until null point past), or load minimum pedal setting as null, or load maximum pedal setting as null. Secondly, in the patch, allow the pedal to work backwards.

For the global setting allow an override to the patch behavior to default to global, or follow patch.

For the Calibration curve, ask the user to smoothly move the pedal back & forth from low to high several times. The G3n can analyze the resulting curve and set both the range and curve to be as linear as possible. Pedals with poor curves can work better this way.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:37 am

https://www.zoom.co.jp/Issues-and-worka ... -GuitarLab

Issues and Workaround: Guitar Lab editor function cannot be used with G3n/G3Xn/B3n

Guitar Lab editor function sometimes cannot be used with G3n/G3Xn/B3n with firmware v2.1. (Due to this issue, distribution of the firmare v2.1 is currently suspended.)

When you experience this, please revert to the firmware v2.0 to avoid the problem.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
0 x