Zoom Gn series Seamless Delay/Reverb Trails/Tails between patches and banks

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
texinny
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom Gn series Seamless Delay/Reverb Trails/Tails between patches and banks

Post by texinny » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 am

My patches all full also how do you delete them?
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:46 am

texinny wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 am
My patches all full also how do you delete them?
connect your Zoom to computer, then use Zoom Guitar Lab to backup the patches , after making backup of all your patches, make empty patch, then copy paste the empty patch to all banks, then backup the empty patches thorugh Zoom Guitar Lab again, whenever you want to empty all your patches , you can do it by restoring empty patch backup, you will just drag and drop the patches you want from your backup from the computer
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:51 pm

NAMM is here and waiting
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:56 am

Looks like the G1on and B1on got updated to look a bit more like the G3n series, with a few UI improvements. There's also an interesting product that emulates different Zoom pedals, when connected to your computer. (GCE-3) which is clever & cool. No mention of a flagship this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVYmrzcks0
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:56 am
Looks like the G1on and B1on got updated to look a bit more like the G3n series, with a few UI improvements. There's also an interesting product that emulates different Zoom pedals, when connected to your computer. (GCE-3) which is clever & cool. No mention of a flagship this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVYmrzcks0
Maybe they havent solved the Delay and Reverb Trails between patch
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:50 am

If your goal is to be able to switch between effects, but keep the same basic delay & reverb settings, you could use a 2nd device in series after your multi-effects. You could tap your 2nd pedal to change between different reverb & delay settings, and meanwhile, do all your main amp, tone & modulation effects from your main multi-effects.

It looks like the newer G1 Four and B1 Four will let you load effects through the Guitar Lab, and depending on what modules are included (and will fit in memory), there might be those fairly nice reverbs available. It would be much cheaper for you than buying a new flagship with seamless tails.

If you want to look for something special outside the Zoom world: for reverbs, check out a used Digitech/Hardwire Rv-7. They are Lexicon reverb algorithms and they sound really smooth (no delays, though). The pedal itself is well-made. If you can spend a little more, check out Neunaber Immerse MkII. It's a gorgeously versatile reverb pedal, and has one mode with delays.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:03 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:50 am
If your goal is to be able to switch between effects, but keep the same basic delay & reverb settings, you could use a 2nd device in series after your multi-effects. You could tap your 2nd pedal to change between different reverb & delay settings, and meanwhile, do all your main amp, tone & modulation effects from your main multi-effects.

It looks like the newer G1 Four and B1 Four will let you load effects through the Guitar Lab, and depending on what modules are included (and will fit in memory), there might be those fairly nice reverbs available. It would be much cheaper for you than buying a new flagship with seamless tails.

If you want to look for something special outside the Zoom world: for reverbs, check out a used Digitech/Hardwire Rv-7. They are Lexicon reverb algorithms and they sound really smooth (no delays, though). The pedal itself is well-made. If you can spend a little more, check out Neunaber Immerse MkII. It's a gorgeously versatile reverb pedal, and has one mode with delays.
If Zoom added the seamless delay that would be really change the game for affordable multi effects, of course other competitors and brands have that feature on their Flagships because of the expensive price obviously
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am

So what you're saying, Nhoj, is that you'd like to see seamless delay and reverb trails/tails on an affordable multi-effects unit made by Zoom?

That is a fantastic idea!! I hope they'll listen to you.

I have an idea for how it COULD work. They would need to make a special Delay/Reverb combination effect module, and call it "Happy Trails" or "Nhoj Tails" Then they'd need to provide a global mode option to turn TAILS on/off. When Tails are ON, then any presets that have the "Nhoj Tails" module as the last module in the chain can be switched between, and tails are preserved. If necessary, they can reduce the max number of modules in the chain to allow for the smooth transition between presets.

I hope you'll think about my idea for you to use a 2nd module after your multi-effects. It's a reasonable workaround, it is more affordable than getting a new flagship, and it gives you a bunch more effects in your chain! Let me know what you think.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:06 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am
So what you're saying, Nhoj, is that you'd like to see seamless delay and reverb trails/tails on an affordable multi-effects unit made by Zoom?

That is a fantastic idea!! I hope they'll listen to you.

I have an idea for how it COULD work. They would need to make a special Delay/Reverb combination effect module, and call it "Happy Trails" or "Nhoj Tails" Then they'd need to provide a global mode option to turn TAILS on/off. When Tails are ON, then any presets that have the "Nhoj Tails" module as the last module in the chain can be switched between, and tails are preserved. If necessary, they can reduce the max number of modules in the chain to allow for the smooth transition between presets.

I hope you'll think about my idea for you to use a 2nd module after your multi-effects. It's a reasonable workaround, it is more affordable than getting a new flagship, and it gives you a bunch more effects in your chain! Let me know what you think.
Yes hope they listen, remember that i even made a poll , and sent them the results , they said they sent the request to their developers
But we should expect nothing, its a bonus and good customer relationship gesture if they do that.
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:29 am

What do you think about adding a separate (inexpensive) unit after your multi-effects to handle delay & reverb only (and possibly your sample-looper, if you're into that kind of thing)?

You would have your awesome G3Xn as your first pedal, and then take the output of that into the input of either a G1on, a G1 Four, an MS-50G, an MS-70CDR, there might be a used Digitech RP with good reverb & delays. You would create your primary tone with EQ, drive, mod effects, wah, etc, on your G3Xn, then use the 2nd unit for delay & reverb. It really does solve everything for you, in a very inexpensive way. And gives you quite a bit more power.

Yea, it's one more device in your chain, and it is one more thing to change presets on, but really, if you want to keep your tails intact, it's a pretty nice approach. You still get the integrated multi-effects thing, but with one added little "step". You could do it, and probably pretty cheaply.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:21 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:29 am
What do you think about adding a separate (inexpensive) unit after your multi-effects to handle delay & reverb only (and possibly your sample-looper, if you're into that kind of thing)?

You would have your awesome G3Xn as your first pedal, and then take the output of that into the input of either a G1on, a G1 Four, an MS-50G, an MS-70CDR, there might be a used Digitech RP with good reverb & delays. You would create your primary tone with EQ, drive, mod effects, wah, etc, on your G3Xn, then use the 2nd unit for delay & reverb. It really does solve everything for you, in a very inexpensive way. And gives you quite a bit more power.

Yea, it's one more device in your chain, and it is one more thing to change presets on, but really, if you want to keep your tails intact, it's a pretty nice approach. You still get the integrated multi-effects thing, but with one added little "step". You could do it, and probably pretty cheaply.
One purpose and a plus feature of affordable units is portability if we add another pedal this portability feature will be disregarded, also its a multi effects and another feature is all in one unit.

That feature is needed only for musicians and hobbyist who play live and record with specific arrangement with trails between patches, its a awesome feature for gigging musicians like myself, like i said theres no affordable all in one portable multi effects unit now that have delay reverb tail between patches and banks, if Zoom can do it and pulled it off, then they will another market share feature , and they will also the first game changer
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:36 pm

Ah. Got it.

I've recently been putting together my first pedal board (and I'm in my 50's!!) I've used a few pedals here & there, and my first multi-effect was a Boss SE-70. Later, a Boss VF-1 (which I still have, but will sell).

One point I would make is that portability is all relative. A multi-effect unit with a second pedal is still VERY portable (in my opinion), especially compared to how ugly it CAN get. But I get your point. The other thing is that they aren't integrated. You need an extra patch cable, and either batteries or another power source, and you have another box to switch presets on. I get it.

Line 6, Boss, and Digitech might have rigs that can preserve trails (do they?) but the Line 6 items I've used have made me not really trust their "ears". Boss's distortions and reverbs didn't make me happy, and all three didn't preserve dynamics.

I think you're right that Zoom SHOULD be the ones to do it.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:06 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:36 pm
Ah. Got it.

I've recently been putting together my first pedal board (and I'm in my 50's!!) I've used a few pedals here & there, and my first multi-effect was a Boss SE-70. Later, a Boss VF-1 (which I still have, but will sell).

One point I would make is that portability is all relative. A multi-effect unit with a second pedal is still VERY portable (in my opinion), especially compared to how ugly it CAN get. But I get your point. The other thing is that they aren't integrated. You need an extra patch cable, and either batteries or another power source, and you have another box to switch presets on. I get it.

Line 6, Boss, and Digitech might have rigs that can preserve trails (do they?) but the Line 6 items I've used have made me not really trust their "ears". Boss's distortions and reverbs didn't make me happy, and all three didn't preserve dynamics.

I think you're right that Zoom SHOULD be the ones to do it.
Yes
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:59 am

Zoom still waiting or not gonna happen?
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 am

My guess would be that tails are probably NOT going to happen. There is almost no chance you will see tails with ANY of the currently available models, via firmware update. There may be a slight chance that a future model will include it. You've certainly let Zoom (and us) know, in no uncertain terms, that you want this thing with a burning desire that is unrivaled by any desire on the face of this green earth.

You want it SO BADLY, yet, the relatively inexpensive solution of adding a second pedal to your chain is a thing you detest with a burning hate...
0 x

Beatnick

Post by Beatnick » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:41 pm

With them working on the G1 four now I'd be very surprised if they do any firmware updates on the G3n. I hope they do though. For you I'd like to see that seamless delay between patches and of course I would love at least a couple more effect slots. Since the G5n has 9 slots, I don't see why the G3n couldn't do it.
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:46 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 am
My guess would be that tails are probably NOT going to happen. There is almost no chance you will see tails with ANY of the currently available models, via firmware update. There may be a slight chance that a future model will include it. You've certainly let Zoom (and us) know, in no uncertain terms, that you want this thing with a burning desire that is unrivaled by any desire on the face of this green earth.

You want it SO BADLY, yet, the relatively inexpensive solution of adding a second pedal to your chain is a thing you detest with a burning hate...
The closest answer is no , from the history of Zoom we see that , they will not add the tails between patches, yes your right maybe the next new model but i think they arent, it require new powerful processor, and it means the price will go up. It is difficult to maintain the features over price point of affordability, like we all said if they can pull that off without raising the price then they will have another large market share that is unbeatable.
0 x