Zoom G3n first impressions and introduction

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Zoom G3n first impressions and introduction

Post by Beatnick » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:13 am

Just saying hello. Originally I did have a question about the Zoom G3n, but I figured it out on my own while waiting to be approved. I've been a Zoom fan for years. I used to post here when I got my Zoom PS04 (I think I went by Me back then). I also posted a few patches on a Zoom G3 site as Jusme, some of you may know me from there. I still have my G3, but recently I found a G3n at a pawn shop for $70. It didn't have the adaptor, but since it uses the same one as the G3 it's not a big deal. I'm still learning it and I'm seeing why some people didn't like it. Using 3 slots for an amp and cabinet is crazy, add a looper and rhythm (both were separate on the G3) and that only leaves 2 slots for effects, but I think I can work with it. On the plus side having the looper and rhythm as actually effects is a plus since you dont have to go back and forth to get to the looper and you can have a different rhythm for each patch (or at least I think you can, I haven't tested it yet). I also have to admit the JCM 800 model is incredible. Honestly, I haven't even played with the other models too much yet. The JCM 800 responds so well to volume control that you don't even need to channel switch. You can play with the volume on your guitar to go from crunch to clean. Anycase, this is already longer than I thought it would be so again just saying hello to everyone.
1 x

stubbsonic

Re: Zoom G3n first impressions and introduction

Post by stubbsonic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:32 pm

Hey Beatnick. Welcome! Thanks for replying to those threads. Your posts have been fun to read.
0 x

Nhoj
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Nhoj » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:48 am

Beatnick wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:13 am
Just saying hello. Originally I did have a question about the Zoom G3n, but I figured it out on my own while waiting to be approved. I've been a Zoom fan for years. I used to post here when I got my Zoom PS04 (I think I went by Me back then). I also posted a few patches on a Zoom G3 site as Jusme, some of you may know me from there. I still have my G3, but recently I found a G3n at a pawn shop for $70. It didn't have the adaptor, but since it uses the same one as the G3 it's not a big deal. I'm still learning it and I'm seeing why some people didn't like it. Using 3 slots for an amp and cabinet is crazy, add a looper and rhythm (both were separate on the G3) and that only leaves 2 slots for effects, but I think I can work with it. On the plus side having the looper and rhythm as actually effects is a plus since you dont have to go back and forth to get to the looper and you can have a different rhythm for each patch (or at least I think you can, I haven't tested it yet). I also have to admit the JCM 800 model is incredible. Honestly, I haven't even played with the other models too much yet. The JCM 800 responds so well to volume control that you don't even need to channel switch. You can play with the volume on your guitar to go from crunch to clean. Anycase, this is already longer than I thought it would be so again just saying hello to everyone.
Nice buy and score!

The one who pawned it didnt really know how good its sounds.
0 x

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm

I think I got lucky. They wanted 95 originally a couple months ago they dropped it to 76. They had it marked to drop to 66 on October 6th. I asked since it was so close if we could go to the October price and they agreed. It was a little over 70 after tax. I just posted my first test with it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6CtGnk_NPrI
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n (Currently the only pedal I use), G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Nhoj
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Nhoj » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:50 am

Beatnick wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm
I think I got lucky. They wanted 95 originally a couple months ago they dropped it to 76. They had it marked to drop to 66 on October 6th. I asked since it was so close if we could go to the October price and they agreed. It was a little over 70 after tax. I just posted my first test with it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6CtGnk_NPrI
Awesome!
1 x