G5n level problems

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
c. lynne
new to this board
new to this board

G5n level problems

Post by c. lynne » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Hello, I just got a new G5N and was switiching from right stereo output to left mono output and the volume went down to half volume when switched outputs. Checked everything reset the G5N and calibrated the pedal and the volume remains low. Help please
also what volume levels do you set your G5N at?
Thanks
C. Lynne
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Re: G5n level problems

Post by stubbsonic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 am

Are you using a TRS (stereo/tip-ring-sleeve) cord into a balanced input? I know it shouldn't matter, but it's worth trying a mono TS cable.

Does the level go back up if you go back to the Right output?

Does the L & R balance seem normal from the headphone out?

Is it the same with all patches?
0 x

c. lynne
new to this board
new to this board

Post by c. lynne » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Yes, using a TRS but TS wasnt any different.
No the level did not go back up when I switched back to the right.
HAven't triend the headphones yet.
Was staying with the Acoustic sim patch to keep variables down when testing.
Do you happen to know if the G5N has low volume in general I have to turn it up to 12 o clock just to hear it and it would have to be full volume to play out live and even then it might be too low. I play acoustic guitar and Epiphone semi hollow body electric
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:34 pm

I have a G3n which has good output level. What's weird is that you noticed a change in the output level after you switched the outputs. I hope it wasn't some kind of static electricity that friend some component on the output board.

I suppose since it's new you could do a factory reset, and even reinstall the firmware.

You might be able to get it replaced under some kind of warranty with the retailer. But it would help to know what happened.

I've not heard of anyone having this kind of issue, so it might be a fluke.
1 x