Zoom G5n - Expression pedal cant be turned off

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
ZoomG5n
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom G5n - Expression pedal cant be turned off

Post by ZoomG5n » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:18 am

Hi guys,

According to the manual:

"Press the front end of the expression pedal down to turn the pedal on and off" but as you can see in my pic, there is a piece of rubber protecting the button to be pressed.
Any ideas please?
0 x

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Re: Zoom G5n - Expression pedal cant be turned off

Post by Beatnick » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:24 am

Have you tried calibrating it? I don't know how to do it on the G5n, but I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere. That would be the first thing I would try.
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:23 pm

They usually add some kind of material to make the button hard to press (so it won't click just from using your foot). The rubber requires you to put a bit of pressure to activate the switch.

If the pedal is stuck on, perhaps the switch is stuck. It might come unstuck with a little "rough" action. But maybe you are being too gentle?

Don't be super rough, I don't want to cause you to break your pedal if that's not what it is!!!
0 x

NucleusX
dues paid
dues paid

Post by NucleusX » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:22 pm

Can you confirm that the switch operates as normal if directly accessed by hand ?
stubbsonic wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:23 pm
The rubber requires you to put a bit of pressure to activate the switch.
I'll 2nd that.

I remember when i had my G5, I had to apply more pressure than i was comfortable with.
To counter it, try to adjust the height of the toe switch itself with some tinkering, or add
a few millimeters of extra thickness to the rubber pad, with what ? i'll leave that to you !
0 x