LiveTrak L20 /12 recording question

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Rossco125
new to this board
new to this board

LiveTrak L20 /12 recording question

Post by Rossco125 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:28 am

Hello, I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if these are stupid questions!
I'm on the verge of buying an L20 to record rehearsals and any gigs we do.

My question is: can i mike up the drums and bass so they can be recorded, but without them ending up at the stereo PA output?

Our PA isn't man enough to cope with drums and bass but i'd still like to be able to remix the recordings at a later date.
From the manual the recording seems to be pre fader, so i'm guessing that would mean controlling the inputs via the gain controls?
I'm hoping that the meters work for the channel's concerned so I can get the levels right whilst still having the faders at zero, is that right?

Any help / advice would be most appreciated!
Thanks
0 x

Joslenior
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: LiveTrak L20 /12 recording question

Post by Joslenior » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:42 am

Your assumption is right: recording to the sd card is pre-everything if you want to. On the L-20 there is a setting to allow recording from before or behind the compressors but it is always from before eq, effects, etc. Pre-fader metering can be set as well: recording levels are shown dimly on the meters, and the recording levels can be set by the trim pots. If you leave the faders for the drums and bass down they won’t appear on the master bus.

GrJos
1 x

Rossco125
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Rossco125 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 am

Hey GrJos, thanks for that!
1 x

mkok
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by mkok » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:43 am

Yup that’s correct. The L-20 is brilliant and built for this purpose. I do have one by the way😊
1 x