hows the zoom l 12 as a audio interface?

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
musicianvw
member in good standing
member in good standing

hows the zoom l 12 as a audio interface?

Post by musicianvw » Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm

i was just wondering if anyone uses the L 12 as a audio interface and if so hows it working for you thanks
0 x

mkok
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: hows the zoom l 12 as a audio interface?

Post by mkok » Mon May 27, 2019 4:27 am

I use the L-20 as an audio interface and it works great. I can get latency on my 10 year old i7 pc to 64 buffers which is great for playing vst instruments. Remember though it is not a controller though so the faders etc won’t control the DAW. I love my L-20 as I can take it out to record live and either transfer or record the tracks playing back directly into my DAW. It also gives you a lot of inputs. The l12 should be just as good but with a few less channels and features.
0 x

musicianvw
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by musicianvw » Mon May 27, 2019 4:53 pm

so it does not work as a control surface
0 x

mkok
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by mkok » Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 pm

No it is definitely not a control surface. Download the manual you will see that it’s very clear. I knew that before I bought it as the main thing I wanted it for was recording on location. I only sold my old Yamaha n12 when I realised it also worked as as great audio interface.
0 x

sciurius

Post by sciurius » Wed May 29, 2019 1:43 am

As I said elsewhere: The R24 is a recorder/surface that can mix, the L12 is a mixer that can record. Both have their purposes. I'm still happy I chose the R24 since it serves my purposes better than the L12 would have done. A friend of mine chose the L12 and is very happy with it.

See him and his L12 in action: https://youtu.be/EeWgilY08X0 .
0 x
Zoom H2n, Zoom R24, Ardour, Audacity on Linux (Fedora)