Q8 UI and beyond

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
kent
new to this board
new to this board

Q8 UI and beyond

Post by kent » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:54 am

Q8: just got mine up and running. Love it so far. The zoom lens has to be all the way out to avoid fish-eye effect. I am using it to do in studio self produced music vids. Of immediate concern was the UI. It works well, but is kind of small for my big fingas. What was really disappointing was the fact that there was NO REMOTE punch in-out at the very least? For the next gen Q9 (maybe?) I would like to see Bluetooth integration for all UI controls, not for sound monitoring because of nearly a full second of bluetooth delay, but PC and iPad control would finish this product off and really bring it into the pre-pro arena without adding a lot of cost to it. The USB integration should also be upgraded to include all UI functions via PC, DAW surface, or Mac. An under $400 price tag, you could afford to place a few of these around in the studio and access them remotely at the board/computer.

I would also like to see the next gen R24 upgraded to a larger desktop footprint, and full multi "Q9" camera integration to allow multi track audio-video recording on the fly.

Comments, suggestions welcome.
0 x