zoom F8 cant set record folder

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
mickblah
new to this board
new to this board

zoom F8 cant set record folder

Post by mickblah » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 am

Hi
Ive been using F8 for location work for 2 years and been happy with simple dates and times of default folders but cant seem to find how to set a new named record folder that will be used - following manual i create a new folder and select but then recordings go straight to a newly created dated folder and going back to finder selection is on this - am i missing something

best

mick
0 x

allebaug
new to this board
new to this board

Re: zoom F8 cant set record folder

Post by allebaug » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:44 am

I see exactly as you, following the directions on pages 55 to 57 of the operations manual (F8, v5.1 firmware and manual). Although the new folder name is selected and checked, the new takes and recordings are placed in a system created date-named folder and not in the new named folder.

It is also impossible to select that new folder subsequent to the first creation time; the system asks for a New Folder, to be renamed if chosen (p57).

Although the procedure is slightly different in the F4, it behaves the same. Time for a tech support chat/email.
0 x