We hope Zoom make high end dsp for less limitation on their next guitar effects

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Nhoj

We hope Zoom make high end dsp for less limitation on their next guitar effects

Post by Nhoj » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 pm

if Mooer can do this maybe Zoom can also

the issue is about DSP, ge300 have the limit also

0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Re: We hope Zoom make high end dsp for less limitation on their next guitar effects

Post by stubbsonic » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:28 am

As your screen grab suggests, (AND IT IS A GREAT POINT)-- IF you aren't changing the reverb and or delay process between patches, it would be possible to continue to run it as other modules are swapped out. So if you keep the same plate, and/or same multi-tap-delay, in both patches, you can change other aspects of the preset between patch changes.

And, as you suggested, if Mooer can do it, perhaps ZOOM could do it. I just don't think they will-- for one, their market is more entry level-- so they won't see a big bump in sales from it. And Zoom haven't added major features in their firmware updates. They'd more likely roll it into another product if they did it at all.
0 x

Nhoj

Re: We hope Zoom make high end dsp for less limitation on their next guitar effects

Post by Nhoj » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:28 am
As your screen grab suggests, (AND IT IS A GREAT POINT)-- IF you aren't changing the reverb and or delay process between patches, it would be possible to continue to run it as other modules are swapped out. So if you keep the same plate, and/or same multi-tap-delay, in both patches, you can change other aspects of the preset between patch changes.

And, as you suggested, if Mooer can do it, perhaps ZOOM could do it. I just don't think they will-- for one, their market is more entry level-- so they won't see a big bump in sales from it. And Zoom haven't added major features in their firmware updates. They'd more likely roll it into another product if they did it at all.
we hope that next product they will roll will have better or higher DSP processing for this limitation even if the trails are activated
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:25 am

What do you think of the GE300? I've only heard one demo. Ever played one?
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:57 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:25 am
What do you think of the GE300? I've only heard one demo. Ever played one?
it does have the same issue of DSP, from the its expensive price it should have enough processing power, you can buy better from the price like Line6 Helix LT
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am

There are things to like about the Helix, but I'm not sure I trust it. The Pod HD500 was pretty lame (YMMV).
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:04 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am
There are things to like about the Helix, but I'm not sure I trust it. The Pod HD500 was pretty lame (YMMV).
the Line6 Helix LT is the direct competitor of Boss GT1000 and FractalAudio AX8 in terms of price

The Line6 HX Stomp is line6 saying its affordable range, but its limited that why other people still prefer Helix LT

Yes that why people prefer Line6 also they have great customer support and updates

Btw dont get me wrong im still Zoom but Zoom have the window and opportunity, when will it happen? no one knows
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:21 pm

One guitar-player friend (who I've known for years, and who's opinion I trust) had a Helix for months and ultimately returned it.

Two other guitarists I know who use only clean sounds and delays, have Helixes and like them, but they only use a very tiny part of the feature-set.

I honestly don't care who puts out the next affordable flagship-- but it would have to meet a few criteria:

1. don't mess up the fidelity of the dry sound, keep full frequency range, dynamic range (both linear dynamics, as well as low noise).
2. do the all the basics really well (distortion, mod fx, reverb, etc.)
3. don't skimp on realtime control options-- multiple parameters assigned to various control sources, full config options for switches, etc.
4. solid build quality-- none of that bottom of the line disposable crap. Build it to last.
5. rock solid firmware, and perhaps the promise of expanded features through updates.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:56 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:21 pm
One guitar-player friend (who I've known for years, and who's opinion I trust) had a Helix for months and ultimately returned it.

Two other guitarists I know who use only clean sounds and delays, have Helixes and like them, but they only use a very tiny part of the feature-set.

I honestly don't care who puts out the next affordable flagship-- but it would have to meet a few criteria:

1. don't mess up the fidelity of the dry sound, keep full frequency range, dynamic range (both linear dynamics, as well as low noise).
2. do the all the basics really well (distortion, mod fx, reverb, etc.)
3. don't skimp on realtime control options-- multiple parameters assigned to various control sources, full config options for switches, etc.
4. solid build quality-- none of that bottom of the line disposable crap. Build it to last.
5. rock solid firmware, and perhaps the promise of expanded features through updates.
1. Maybe not this time, some players used Ambient sound today "Law of Supply and Demand"
2. Yes its basic but brands still making features and sounds not really practical use for the sake of marketing and advertising hype
3. It Depends for other brands cutting corners or maybe its not easy for import parts to be available for price range
4. Having to do with 3.
5. Customer Support Interaction and R&D is the real issue and problem of some brands
0 x