Data lost

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
pradhanparas
member in good standing
member in good standing

Data lost

Post by pradhanparas » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi all.

I had some custom made rhythm patterns on rhythm slots 345 to 350. While i was playing the battery went dead and after I used new batteries, only 2 patterns ie 345 and 346 are there. All my other patterns are gone. Is there any way to recover those lost ones?

This is driving me crazy.

Thanks
Paras.
0 x

pradhanparas
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by pradhanparas » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:38 pm

And yes its PS04 with 128MB SMC card.

Paras.
0 x

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:09 pm

I don't think you can recover them.*

Since the rhythm patterns are saved per song, my guess is that the pattern file for that song got corrupted when the unit was not shut down "properly" ie, the battery went dead, instead of proper power down where all files are closed properly.

You did not say so, but I presume any other custom patterns for any other songs were not affected, or that you had no other songs on that card or no other custom patterns. Only the patterns for the current project should have been corrupted by the bad power down.

This is a similar problem to what can hapen when a computer loses power - data can become corrupted. *Although you could conceivably retrieve the corrupted file using a data recovery program, it would still be corrupted an unuseable. In such a scenario, not all files on the computer go bad, just some. Sounds like what happened to you.

One thing that has been suggested is save all the files for a favorite project to a separate folder on the hard drive of the computer, so they can be used over again on a new song. Then it's just a matter of making sure the file names match the project names when re-importing to the card.
0 x

Armin
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Armin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:12 pm

If you have NOT switched on the PS02 after your batteries went down - then your pattern & songs are 99% likely working.
If you have switched it on then there will be the last used song/pattern maybe corrupt - and the PS02 can not read ANY patterns/songs from this card anymore.

In case you own my PatternEditor - load this .pst files into the editor - the editor will read all readable patterns and you can transfer the ones you need to another (none corrupt) .pst file.
0 x
Upgrade your Zoom R8 / R24 / HD16 / HD8 / MRS / PS04 / PS02 : http://www.soundside.de

Do you own a Kemper Profiling Amp? Check this out: http://www.soundside.de/shop/Profiles.htm