Using Drum Loops in original material

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
Taylor614
new to this board
new to this board

Using Drum Loops in original material

Post by Taylor614 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:12 pm

I was just wondering if there was anything that says that I can't use the pre-programmed drum loops from the PS-04 in my original material. I just sent in a CD of 12 original songs to the US Copyright Office, and some of the songs had loops from the PS-04. I'm just making sure that there's nothing legally wrong with doing that. Thanks in advance for the help.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:57 pm

I am no lawyer or even an expert, but I would say you are fine copyrighting songs that include PS04 drum loops. You just can't try to copyright the actual drum loops as your own.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Taylor614
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Taylor614 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:15 pm

The Cracks wrote:I am no lawyer or even an expert, but I would say you are fine copyrighting songs that include PS04 drum loops. You just can't try to copyright the actual drum loops as your own.
Thanks for the reply. Like you said, I'm trying to copyright the songs, and not the loops. Thanks again.
0 x