Post by Dave_47 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:18 pm

OSX 10.4.11
Dual 1 GHz processors
1 gb ram
Silver G4
OSX 10.4.11
25 gb Available space
Asante USB card reader

I am transferring about 22 minutes of raw PS-04 recorded spoken word files to the Mac hard drive. It will load incrementally for about 10 seconds and then the blue progress bar stops. The screen will flicker at the point where it appears to stall. Loading appears to stall and the desktop file shows 23.1 mb but when I stop the transfer there isn't any readable data in the file. I successfully transferred about 22 seconds of a test file before before I began the process of transferring the main file. The test file opens and plays in I tunes. I used my work G5 Dual today to attempt the transfer and it hangs on that machine as well. I successfully downloaded another file off this card. I've used the Zooom Card Manager to listen to all 22 minutes of the file in question. It plays without any discernable glitch or hesitations. Why would this particular file hang during the download process?

Does Windows process raw zoom data differently and have a better shot at reading the file?
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Not really gonna help too much but...

(a) If you have a windows machine you can use then try it ???

(b) Why not convert the file directly off the card, no need to transfer it to the computer first.
0 x

Dave_47
new to this board
new to this board

Downloading File to a Mac Hangs

Post by Dave_47 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:18 pm

I took the card reader and the two SM's to a friend with a Dell today and both files downloaded on his machine. They are still hanging up on mine. I've tried to drag and drop files from the card in the card reader but they still hang up.
I recorded some poetry off of a video disc on my MB Pro connected to the line input of the zoom. I was able to drag and drop the file from the file manager on to the desktop where it saved as an .aiff file and plays in Itunes. I went back and tried repeatedly to save the other two files. Frustrated with the lac of compatibility with Mac. Unix. How hard would it be to get the interface right?

How do I get it off the card directly. I've tried copying over the raw files but nothing on my machine will read them?
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:09 am

I assume you have some kind of card reader. You just point the Card Manager software to the card location.

Option 2 is to copy the whole card (everything in it not just the sound files) into a folder on the MAC then point the card manager software to that folder.

If you can't copy the whole card using Mac tools then there's something wrong with the card/reader but otherwise there could be something wrong with the files.

Last resort of course is to sort them out at a friends house then bring them back on a CD or something.
0 x