ps02 - can you export the mixdown effects onto pc?

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
kipp
member in good standing
member in good standing

ps02 - can you export the mixdown effects onto pc?

Post by kipp » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:47 pm

does anyone know if you can export the mixdown effects on the ps02 onto a music programme on a pc?

i use cool edit pro to mix my songs and a clean patch to record my acoustic...but i find that when i put the MIXAMB patch on my recording and playback, it sounds so rich and full!

is there anyway to carry this effect over to my pc music programme?
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Post by Wulfraed » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Clarify: The effect independent of recorded tracks (eg: something that can later be applied to new tracks on the computer) or the effect-as-applied-to-track?

The former -- no... Not unless Zoom someday releases effects plug-ins for common video editing/mixing software packages... However, careful study of the type of effects and their parameters may permit one to duplicate a similar effect using editor native filters.

For the latter -- I only own an HD16 (and BOSS BR600), so have to extrapolate... On the HD16, it is possible to position an effect such that it comes between the playback track and a record track (or take within the same track) during a bounce operation (BR600 supports it too, though finding the section in its manual isn't as easy -- apparently one can not "mute" a track by turning the select button off; it is just clear (empty), red (record-arm), green (has data), "orange"/green is armed and overwriting ... but I digress).

If the PS series has bounce and virtual takes, you may want to bounce individual tracks to another take of the same track -- with the desired effect active during the bounce. This gives you the raw (dry) take, and the modified (wet) take, from which you may import...
0 x

Andy Rattle
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Andy Rattle » Fri May 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Im pretty sure the bounce thing wont work as the effect isnt actually recorded on the track. The only way is to take a line out from the ps02 to your PC and record in real time by playing the track into a sound editor like goldwave.
0 x