Newbie Zoomer

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
Kr4ftw3rk
new to this board
new to this board

Newbie Zoomer

Post by Kr4ftw3rk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Hello fellow 'Zoomers', Although the Zoom Ps-04 has been discontinued, I decided to purchase one (ebay...and I know I am late...lol) and I'm glad I did. There is a patch #10 called 'SP-DRV'. I was curious as to what physical equipment would be needed to reproduce that sound live...such as amplifier, maybe a delay pedal, distortion pedal etc. and what would the settings be? I really like the effect. It's got a smooth attack to it.

I hooked my classical guitar to the Zoom and experimented with the different models and I couldn't believe it... (of all things) a classical guitar sounding like this. So I was just wondering, If I were to by an electric guitar and amp and some pedals...what would I get? Thnx,

Kr4ftw3rk
0 x

Tonto2
The Force
The Force

Re: Newbie Zoomer

Post by Tonto2 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:13 am

Kr4ftw3rk wrote:Hello fellow 'Zoomers',...
Welcome!

The PS-04 can be a great tool for recording and we're sure you'll have fun using it.
We've had ours for quite a while now... and still have many questions about its use
and capabilities, but we pretty much only use ours to record basic ideas when we're
out... and away from our PC.
Kr4ftw3rk wrote:Hello fellow 'Zoomers', Although the Zoom Ps-04 has been discontinued, I decided to purchase one (ebay...and I know I am late...lol) and I'm glad I did.

PS-02 & PS-04 FAQ, Tips and Tricks: :wav:

. . . . . . . . . . . . Down at the bottom of this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6972 you will see a range of PS-04 post links
. . . . . . . . . . . .from the old FAQ subforum. Possibly you’ll find something there that will prove helpful.

Good luck and enjoy your new toy!

:^:
Kevin
0 x
. .

Tonto2
Father/Daughter Team
_________________________________________________________________________________
. Homemade music made around the campfire, at the beach, or just about anywhere!
Our SoundClick Site ? Our 1st Forum Post ? Our Portable Recording Gear ? Our Favorite Keyboard Artist

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Newbie Zoomer

Post by Howard » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:36 am

Congrats on your purchase. I don't think you will regret it. Once, I had to explain to a non-musician, non-technical person what it was. "Think of it as a multi-effects unit with a tape recorder built in." She was satisfied, and I continued to play. I've used mine as you describe, between my guitar and amp. Be aware that the internal mic is very sensitive and if you monitor through an amp rather than headphones, you'll have to deal with feedback. If your guitar has internal pickups or mics, less problem, but still a consideration. If you are just using it for an effects unit, try some of the "send" effects as well. You can go out to a stereo amp and get some really nice spatial effects from a mono source. The PS-04 manual is complete, but daunting. As others have done, I put a few bits of information for the newbie on my website, including links of interest. There is also third party software from Armin and Zoomermo. You can also edit files with a hex editor if you are experienced with that sort of thing (like some computer geeks). Later.
0 x