Can't find demo song

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
robbo
new to this board
new to this board

Can't find demo song

Post by robbo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:49 pm

I just bought a Zoom PS-04 off eBay and I can't get the demo song to play. It has a 32Mb SmartMedia card fitted, which has a Zoom label on it, so presumably the card is an original item.

When I press play after turning the unit on, the counter sets off, but there is no sound through my headphones.

If I select 'Rhythm' I get the bass and drum sound OK.

Maybe the demo song has been taken off the card to make more space?

I put the card in my PC's card reader and the following files are listed:

00-00.AUD
00-10.AUD
00-20.AUD
00-30.AUD
MAC_PRM
PRJECT00
PRJECT01
RHYTHM00.SEQ
RHYTHM01.SEQ

Is the demo song missing?

Is it possible to download it from anywhere? I can't find it on the Zoom site.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

PS Am I doing something wrong when searching on this forum? Whatever string I put into the search box, it either tells me that there are no such words in any post (eg 'PS-04'), or it says that the words are too common (eg, 'demo song is missing). I didn't use the apostrophes in the search box. Please help!
0 x

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Can't find demo song

Post by Howard » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:01 am

Hello Rob - welcome to the forum.

Because the manual was difficult for some, you will find questions answered here. The phpbb software doesn't search the way Google does, but if you go to the top of the PS02-04 forum we are in, you'll find a sticky, a thread with many helpful tips, and some stuff that isn't in the manual.

As to the original question - you can't tell by the names of the files if that's the demo song or something else. Actually, you have two songs on there, but one looks like it is blank. Maybe you need to select the other one to play back. I think you'll learn better (will retain more) if you figure it out yourself, but I'll give a hint: after turning it on and letting it boot up, press the system button.

Another hint - regarding headphone use - there is a volume control on the left side - enough said.

Many of us with the PS-04 have made every mistake you can with the device, and several of us will probably keep the device forever.

Let me know if the above helps.

Howard
0 x

rayg1952
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by rayg1952 » Thu May 28, 2009 7:00 pm

I have the same problem can't find the demo song too, Zoom 32Mb SmartMedia card I even look in the system section and still can't find it.
0 x

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Thu May 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Ray, if the demo song wasn't erased from the original 32mb card, it should be there. Project 00, and it should be "locked" or "write protected". Because there wasn't enough room on the 32mb card for much else, many unlocked then erased the demo song. If you bought your PS-04 used, and can't find anything on the 32mb sm card, that's probably why. Now that you also have an MRS-8, you should look for a PS-02, and start a legacy collection. When the PS-04 came out, many were sorry it didn't have some of the features of the PS-02, in terms of ease of use. If you like gadgets - well....
0 x

rayg1952
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by rayg1952 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:21 pm

Yes I bought it used.
0 x

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Fri May 29, 2009 12:01 am

rayg1952 wrote:Yes I bought it used.
Well, there you go. It wasn't much of a song, from what I can remember. I kept wondering if they actually used the PS-04 to make the demo song. Of course they did. Didn't they?
0 x