Help, Cant play file on PC

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
daveysax
new to this board
new to this board

Help, Cant play file on PC

Post by daveysax » Sat May 16, 2009 7:21 am

Hi all, i just got a Zoom ps-04 and am very green to all this modern recording lark and i have recorded some sound's on my unit then i put the SM card in the USB card reader and the icon's come up on my pc but when i press play a box appear's saying ;The media player cant play the file or the wrong codec has been used; i have downloaded the Zoom card manager and still cant get it to play,any help please as i am new to all this.
0 x

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Re: Help, Cant play file on PC

Post by surfercook » Sat May 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Check the sampling rate. Not sure if the 04 is 31khz or not. Pretty sure the sampling has to be 44khz to play in most applications and the 04 is a pretty dated unit. You can convert the sampling rate using Audacity, NCH WavePad, or Kristal Audio Engine. All of which are freeware and available for dwnld. I used to have a PS-02 and had to convert each individual audio track one at a time before inserting them into the DAW for mixing.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Help, Cant play file on PC

Post by Howard » Sat May 16, 2009 11:47 pm

The PS-04 uses 31.250 sampling rate. The Card Manager software allows you to find the audio tracks on the card and convert them to wav files, but you must select the 44.100 sampling rate. I've tried using Audacity to do this, but get better results using Card Manager. There are several versions of Card Manager, depending on your computer's operating system. My PS-04 website has links and some limited tutorial information. Welcome to the board, by the way.
0 x