HELP!

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
rene
new to this board
new to this board

HELP!

Post by rene » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:43 pm

please help,,,i have PS-04,,,i want to move my original files or songs to my laptop[windows vista home premium],,,i downloaded card manager for PS-04,,,i have a USB driven multicard reader/writer,,,please instruct me easy step by step,,,thank you and "GOD"bless!

Graeme_r
new to this board
new to this board

Re: HELP!

Post by Graeme_r » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Has anyone helped you yet?

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Here's the link for the Card Reader manual. Probably good idea to read this. I used to use the same card reader for the PS-02. Now I use the one for the MRS-8. They are very similar. You have to covert the Zoom audio files to .wavs then save em to whatever folder you create. Then just load em in your DAW and get to work.
http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/ ... 04FM_E.pdf
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Cloudy101
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Cloudy101 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm having the same trouble with this actually. I plug in my SM reader with the card inside, but for some reason it keeps telling me that there's "no PS-04 information". Is there an alternative program for converting or playing .AUD files? I've looked everywhere and I could really use some help. :neutral:

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:29 pm

You can try AUD2WAV (use your favourite search engine to find it). It doesn't handle stereo, so if you do stereo recordings you have to splice two mono files together in e.g. Audacity. Other than that it should be OK. And it's free.

Cloudy101
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Cloudy101 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:27 am

Storpotaten- thanks for the response. I have tried that program with a mono track, but it says something about being incompatible, so I don't think it works with my 64 bit Vista. Are there any other alternatives, or am I just out of luck?

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:19 am

Check which files you have on the card. Except for the AUD files, there should be:
MAC_PRM.INI - this file holds global info for the card (settings like LCD light on/off, etc.)
PRJECTnn.INI - one for each project, holds all project info such as which v-takes you have (maps to the AUD files)
RHYTHMnn.SEQ - one for each project, rhythm patterns and songs

If any of these are missing it is likely that the Zoom Card Manager will not like the card. I think I managed to at some point recreate a PRJECTnn.INI by creating a new project, creating dummy takes (gives new AUDs) and then replacing those AUDs with old ones.

Next option would be to find a PC with older version of Windows to run the card manager on.

DCMaguire
Jedi
Jedi

Post by DCMaguire » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:29 pm

If all you want to do is save the files to your PC, can't you just drag and drop the files onto your hard drive without bothering with the Card Manager?

Cloudy101
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Cloudy101 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Storpotaten- Thanks, that's a good idea I'll definitely try. I'll also give that older computer thing a shot, that being a laptop with XP.

DCMaguire- Actually, getting the tracks off isn't the problem, it's finding a program that can convert them to something other then an .AUD file. I've tried the thing where you export the Raw track with Audacity, but the quality goes down and it sounds too high pitched and such. A converter would be so convenient right now. =/

codekiddie

Post by codekiddie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:56 am

Hi.

I have written a file converter that generates .WAV files from various recorders. I would like to include the PS-02 and PS-04 in the list of recorders it supports, but require a full project to look at and try before releasing it for these machines.

I read somewhere on here that the recorders use .AUD files, so that shouldn't be a problem, as they are very similar to the .ZAF files of the MRS-8, which is a supported recorder.

Have a look at this thread on the MRS board for more information.

AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Phil
Last edited by codekiddie on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cloudy101
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Cloudy101 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:09 am

Storpotaten- I created a new project file and that indeed seems to have solved the problem! So really, thanks so much for the advice, and sorry of course for the late response.

Codekiddie- I did try the program you have, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. But, seeing as how my issue is resolved, don't worry too much about it. I'll try the new version you have, though, and I'll get back to you. Thanks for the effort!

codekiddie

Post by codekiddie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 am

Hi Cloudy101.

At the moment the app doesn't support the PS-02 or PS-04 as I don't know enough about the makeup of the project files for these recorders.

If you have a project I could use for this purpose, then it would be much appreciated, as I would still like it to support as many users of the Zoom recorders as possible.

It doesn't have to be one of your masterpieces, just a project with a couple of tracks with different takes, and a master recording would do.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Cloudy101
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Cloudy101 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Okay, sounds good. I'll PM you about it in the next day or two so I don't spam the thread with my random questions and such. lol

codekiddie

Post by codekiddie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:47 am

Thanks Cloudy101, that would be much appreciated.