PS04 as a effects unit

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
dizzywood
new to this board
new to this board

PS04 as a effects unit

Post by dizzywood » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 am

Hi there, just wondered if anyone could help me out with a bit of their wisdom.
I was looking for a clip on effects unit, mainly for guitar, but it seems like zoom aren't currently doing one. I've seen a PFX9003 on ebay, but then discovered the PS04 and wondered how it would compare in terms of effects. If the effects were comparable, it would make sense to go for a PS04, especially since they seem to be cheaper than the 9003.

I'm assuming I could use PS04 as an effects unit! Any thoughts would be appeciated, thanks,
k
0 x

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Re: PS04 as a effects unit

Post by surfercook » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 pm

dizzywood wrote:I was looking for a clip on effects unit, mainly for guitar. I'm assuming I could use PS04 as an effects unit!
I had the 02 for years diz. Used it a bunch for the effects performing live. Thinkin you can do the same w/the 04. I would imagine that both are quite dated now and if I was shoppin an effects processor...would def consider something newer...from ZOOM of course!

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/ps04/
http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/ps02/
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

dizzywood
new to this board
new to this board

Post by dizzywood » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:11 am

thanks surferman, good to have it confirmed that I can use it for that purpose. The only thing is, I'd really like something small, like the 9003 or PS04, but as far as I can see, zoom don't seem to have any current palmtop size FX. Kind of surprised about that, so maybe there's something I've missed.
I had looked at what Korg have to offer, but like you, I like the way zoom do things!

Does anyone know if there is a current clip on zoom FX unit?
Cheers,
K
0 x

Blind Willie
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Blind Willie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:38 am

Hi Dizzy,

This is my first post on this forum although I've owned a PS-04 for 5 years. My brother has a PS-02 and he was the one who got got me started.

I didn't use the PS-04 for a while so I put it away for a few years. Just recently I thought I'd try the amp sims through my tube amp (Fender Deluxe Reverb). Well I was quite surprised...most of the sims sound pretty good. Being mostly a clean tone player I'll probably stay away from the more distorted tones.

So, yes you can use it as an effects unit.
0 x