Mystery control on PS04

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
dadroadie
new to this board
new to this board

Mystery control on PS04

Post by dadroadie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi to all,
New to the forum but have used a PS04 for many years and had a lot of fun with it. I do have a question. Has anyone ever figured out what the control (Thumb Wheel type) on the side of the PS04 does? I have read though the manual and still haven't required it out. Just wondering.
All the Best!
Dadroadie

codekiddie

Re: Mystery control on PS04

Post by codekiddie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 am

dadroadie wrote:Has anyone ever figured out what the control (Thumb Wheel type) on the side of the PS04 does? I have read though the manual and still haven't required it out. Just wondering.
Hi.

Although I can't see any mention of it in the manual either, my guess would be the headphone volume adjustment :music: If you have never used the unit with headphones, it may answer why you never found out it's use :nuts:

I don't actually use a PS-04 but an MRS-1044 so this is only my 'educated' guess. :shock:

Phil

DCMaguire
Jedi
Jedi

Post by DCMaguire » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:55 am

Yes, it is headphone volume. :music:

dadroadie
new to this board
new to this board

Post by dadroadie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi to All,
Thanks for the replies! I really like the old PS04. Ive got a Boss Br900CD but still find I keep using the little Zoom unit for a lot of my stuff. It's small size makes it great for an easy take along unit. I feed the recorded material from it directly into my computer using Sony Soundforge . Luckily I picked up a couple of 128MB cards before they became so hard to find. I remember someone a while ago talking about some kind of problem (bug)with thePS04. Anyone know if there is a way to check for this?
All the Best!
dad roadie :D

crakkenmyer

Post by crakkenmyer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm

dadroadie wrote:Hi to all,
New to the forum but have used a PS04 for many years and had a lot of fun with it. I do have a question. Has anyone ever figured out what the control (Thumb Wheel type) on the side of the PS04 does? I have read though the manual and still haven't required it out. Just wondering.
All the Best!
Dadroadie
Unless your unit is terribley worn, you should actually be able to read "VOLUME" just above the thumbwheel. ;)
Oldman Crakkenmyer