Now this will be a really simple one for all you experienced zoom Ps02 users...

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
Kev M
new to this board
new to this board

Now this will be a really simple one for all you experienced zoom Ps02 users...

Post by Kev M » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:04 pm

...but I have been given this little zoom PS02 box in order to produce a radio type jingle for a kids play. I am completely new to this and have downloaded the manual and found it is not straightforward at all for someone like me with no recording/tech background of any sort.

That said I have recorded my guitar track with background drum and bass using a trio drum machine.

How can I now simply overdub some synth strings on top of this please? A straightforward simple (the simpler the better) step by step idiots guide would be much appreciated if anyone can help

Many thanks in anticipation of your help

Kevin M
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Now this will be a really simple one for all you experienced zoom Ps02 users...

Post by Wulfraed » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 pm

If I understand you, you are NOT using the built-in rhythm system...

How many tracks are you using at present? That tells me what stage you are at... (Mono or Stereo; stereo takes two tracks, and only three total are available).

Normally, on these devices, you will set the recorded track(s) to play-back (use headphones for monitoring), arm a vacant track for record, rewind to start of project, then start the recorder and provide the signal for the new track.

Given the limit of three tracks, if you intend to do more than a minimal performance, you will have to bounce the existing tracks. Based upon the manual, bounce will either produce a new mono track1, or a stereo track1-2. If stereo, the result will free up track3 for a new recording... After which you will have to bounce again to combine the new track with the stereo data (if working mono, bounce will free up tracks 2 and 3, so you can record two tracks before bouncing again).
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Kev M
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Now this will be a really simple one for all you experienced zoom Ps02 users...

Post by Kev M » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:23 pm

thanks for the quick response Wulfraed.....yes thats right, not using the rhythm track.I am not a musician of any sort.

If I understand you then its simply a case of recording my single track, stopping it,opening a new empty track pressing record and playing back the original one.

Bouncing is a bit too technical for me.....I offered to do this to help a local school project as nobody else would so haven't got too much time to learn new skills at the moment, so your help is very much appreciated.

I will give that a try when i get back home and see if it works.

Many thanks again

Kevin M
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Post by Wulfraed » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:16 pm

Remember to set the first recorded track to play mode when setting the next track to record (otherwise you risk replacing what you first recorded)

And you will have to learn to bounce to make a single (stereo?) file out of the various parts.
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Kev M
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Kev M » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:17 am

Thanks Wulfraed
Thats worked fine now.
1 x