Converting Mp3 or Wavs to an aud file for importing.

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:52 pm

Ha! Success! It is the "My Computer" folder that allowed me to upload the wav file! :stick:

I'll report back...
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:00 pm

Okay, I did it. I think I have the little b**tard on the smartcard - trapped like a fly.

How do I listen to it on PS?

When I pull project 001 from the PS, it's an old song "World In Motion". I suppose I have to clear my smartcard or something. :?:
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:07 pm

I've got it! It's under Project 000! :D

This is so cool. Thanks nicka, Tony, and Howard.

I don't know if it's just me or the same for everyone, but I'll note that the process only works for me if I click "My Computer" on the file tree, even though I have a file called "Conversion". Now, once I click file tree to upload song, the "Conversion" file is where I get it. So maybe I just misread directions.

Still a questions:

1) After I record a new track, do I delete the track I uploaded before sending back to Card Mgr?

2) Do I have to use an mp3 in Audacity? Can I upload a wav file and change the project rate. (I'll try it on my own, but no harm in asking in case I get an answer before I try it.)

3) How do I play a guitar? :D
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 pm

The Cracks wrote:1) After I record a new track, do I delete the track I uploaded before sending back to Card Mgr?
Think of it like your computer. If the file has the same name, the new file will overwrite the old. Save everything (under different names, v1, v2, etc.).
The Cracks wrote:2) Do I have to use an mp3 in Audacity? Can I upload a wav file and change the project rate. (I'll try it on my own, but no harm in asking in case I get an answer before I try it.)
Two questions for the price of one! You can use any file Audacity supports in Audacity (which is almost everything) and manipulate the heck out of the project rate. Hint: beware of chipmunks.
The Cracks wrote:3) How do I play a guitar? :D
Aw, now that should be in another thread!

Congratulations, BTW
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 pm

Excellent. Thanks Howard. I go back into the recording studio under new management this weekend. Hopefully I'll see (and you guys will hear) improvements.

:^:
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:07 am

>under new management

:wink:
0 x

Tonto2
The Force
The Force

Post by Tonto2 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:19 am

The Cracks wrote:... I go back into the recording studio under new management this weekend. ...
Does this mean your wife is now running things?! :shock: :wink: :lol:
0 x
. .

Tonto2
Father/Daughter Team
_________________________________________________________________________________
. Homemade music made around the campfire, at the beach, or just about anywhere!
Our SoundClick Site ? Our 1st Forum Post ? Our Portable Recording Gear ? Our Favorite Keyboard Artist

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:34 am

TT2 - You guys won't be that lucky. :D

Chances are pretty good that it will be the same old cr*p just in time. :D
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:52 pm

Howard wrote:
The Cracks wrote:1) After I record a new track, do I delete the track I uploaded before sending back to Card Mgr?
Think of it like your computer. If the file has the same name, the new file will overwrite the old. Save everything (under different names, v1, v2, etc.).
Maybe I misunderstand, but I think John refers to recording a new track on the PS...

The uploaded file is just another "virtual take" (or two virtual takes if you uploaded in stereo). So if you record on that take/s then you will overwrite it. But it works the same way as if it was something you had recorded directly on the PS.

(Myself, I have never been able to do this and have the uploaded track synch 100% with the BPM on the PS-04. My conclusion was that the sample rate conversion 31.25 to 44.1 creates a tiny change in BPM that during a full-length song becoms clearly audible. Tried different software without luck. But that's a different story...)
0 x

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:14 pm

storpotaten wrote:..the sample rate conversion 31.25 to 44.1 creates a tiny change in BPM...
I have found that to be true also. Dagnabbit!
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:44 pm

I recorded all my PS04 songs with the upload track back to PS04 approach and never had any sync problems. However I did always convert to 31250 using Acid not using the card manager
0 x

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:49 pm

tonyoci wrote:I recorded all my PS04 songs with the upload track back to PS04 approach and never had any sync problems. However I did always convert to 31250 using Acid not using the card manager
I think this solves it. Convert bit rates using Acid or Audacity.
0 x

Tonto2
The Force
The Force

Post by Tonto2 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:00 pm

tonyoci wrote:... I did always convert to 31250 using Acid not using the card manager
If I recall correctly... I think this solved some problems I was experiencing back at the end of last year! :agree:
Howard wrote:...I think this solves it. Convert bit rates using Acid or Audacity.
I used Audacity, as I don't have many other apps.

:)
Kev
0 x
. .

Tonto2
Father/Daughter Team
_________________________________________________________________________________
. Homemade music made around the campfire, at the beach, or just about anywhere!
Our SoundClick Site ? Our 1st Forum Post ? Our Portable Recording Gear ? Our Favorite Keyboard Artist

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:10 pm

Tonto2 wrote:I used Audacity, as I don't have many other apps.
Me too. And Goldwave and Zoom Card Manager.

Anyway, Tony points to the solution. Send the AUD to him and he'll return an Acid-converted WAV. ;)
0 x

Tonto2
The Force
The Force

Post by Tonto2 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:31 pm

storpotaten wrote:...Send the AUD to him and he'll return an Acid-converted WAV. ;)
That would work!! LOL! :lol:
0 x
. .

Tonto2
Father/Daughter Team

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:14 pm

I used Audacity to convert. I still don't know about mono or stero. How do I know which one my recording is in?
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:07 pm

The Cracks wrote:I used Audacity to convert. I still don't know about mono or stero. How do I know which one my recording is in?
Unless you used a stereo patch, then recorded to tracks, say 3 and 4, it's a mono track.
0 x