Converting Mp3 or Wavs to an aud file for importing.

Zoom PS-02 & PS-04 Palmtop Studio information, discussion, and support
Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:35 pm

crakkenmyer wrote:I don't know if I've missed something here, but It is good to know that the "INPUT" jack is Mono so even if you use a stereo cable you're recording Mono. If you wish to record in Stereo you either have to use the "Line In" jack, or the "Input" jack + internal mic.
You didn't miss anything. You got it exactly right. According to the PS-04 Manual:

Guitar/microphone input
Standard mono phone jack <-- MONO
Rated input level
-50 to +4 dBm variable
Input impedance
16 kilohms to 1 megaohms
variable

Line input Miniature stereo phone jack <-- STEREO
Rated input level -20 dBm
Input impedance10 kilohms

Switch gears - let's talk Output:

According to the PS-04 manual, here are the specifications of the audio outputs:

Outputs

Master output Standard stereo phone jack <--STEREO
Rated output level
+3 dBm
Output load impedance
10 kilohms or more

Headphones output
Miniature stereo phone jack <-- STEREO
50 mW into 32-ohm load

An often overlooked feature having to do with the audio output of the PS-04 is that the thumbwheel volume control on the left side (headphone volume) also controls the output level of the Line Output jack. I mention this for those who use the line out of the unit to the line in of another device like the computer's sound card or their stereo or a guitar amp or pa system.

This is much more than you ever wanted to know, I am sure.

Howard
0 x

Tonto2
The Force
The Force

Post by Tonto2 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:21 am

Howard wrote:..... This is much more than you ever wanted to know, I am sure. ......
Howard...
This is all helpful stuff....
so... please feel free to add additional information as needed!

:^:
Kev
0 x
. .

Tonto2
Father/Daughter Team
_________________________________________________________________________________
. Homemade music made around the campfire, at the beach, or just about anywhere!
Our SoundClick Site ? Our 1st Forum Post ? Our Portable Recording Gear ? Our Favorite Keyboard Artist

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:18 pm

I'm back!

I was thinking of ways to be able to play my music at open mics, without actually having to play guitar live. I know it is a form of Karaoke, but it is my music, and to be frank, I suck at guitar, especially live. And, besides, I'm doing open mics for the fun of it. If I can focus on just singing, I think I'll have even more fun.

So I says to myself, I says, maybe there is a machine I can download my instrumenation parts to and play that while I sing live. Then I remembered this formula. I tried it on one song, and it works great. I just hook the PS up to an amp, hit play, and the music sounds great.

Question: can I download more than one song to the PS? I'd like three. I can't seem to figure it out. When I do one song, it goes to Project 00. Any tips?
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:58 pm

This isn't working so good. I can't seem to clear off the first song from my Zoom Card Manager file. :cry:
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:03 am

John, just create as many projects on the card as you want songs. You do this first, then move the card to your card reader to download the songs. In Card Manager, there is dropdown where you can select the project before starting the download.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:17 am

Thanks Albert. I'll give it another go today. One problem I have though is that I can't clear the old projects off of the Card Manager. Let me try it again. I'll come back and report my progress.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:49 pm

I can't get it to work. Just as well. I'm trying to find an easy way around practicing my songs. Short cuts never work.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:57 pm

The Cracks wrote:Thanks Albert. I'll give it another go today. One problem I have though is that I can't clear the old projects off of the Card Manager. Let me try it again. I'll come back and report my progress.
I'd suspect either a corrupt project, some sort of write-protect setting, or a card that maybe needs to be reformatted (preferably by the device rather than the computer).
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 am

Thanks, Wulfraed. I may go back at it. But I should probably just practice my songs more. :oops:
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:49 am

The Cracks wrote:One problem I have though is that I can't clear the old projects off of the Card Manager.
You can't delete projects in Card Manager, only on the PS unit itself.

If you don't succeed deleting it, it could be that it is protected (another project setting on the SYSTEM button) or perhaps that the card is write-protected (that little round sticker). Or, as Wulf said, a corrupt project, and his remedy would be the best one.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:54 pm

storpotaten wrote:
The Cracks wrote:One problem I have though is that I can't clear the old projects off of the Card Manager.
You can't delete projects in Card Manager, only on the PS unit itself.
Are you sure about that ? I delete projects off my card all the time, you just have to delete the prjectxx.ini

Tony
0 x