Live music events.

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Live music events.

Post by The Cracks » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Zoetrope wrote:I always wanted to see him perform.
The closest he's getting to you on this go-round is Milwaukee on May 13th. But as long as he's alive I'm sure he'll be hitting Chicago again soon enough.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Anyone home!?

Stones - Pittsburgh - June 20th - Great show even if I've seen the same one several times now.

John Fogerty - Baltimore - June 22nd - Great show. Loud!
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:28 am

Me, in my living room, yesterday. The performance was so so. ;)
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:22 am

Paul McCartney, Washington, D.C., August 10, 2016.

A great show but not fantastic. He played one too many new songs. The new songs are good but two per show would be fine. He played like four new ones. It keeps it fresh for Sir Paul, I'm sure, but they were show stoppers for most of the crowd.

I'm still glad I went as most of the show was superb. This probably be the last time I see Sir Paul unless he changes the show up a bit next time around.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Cambridge (UK) Folk festival a couple of weekends ago. Big for a folk festival but thankfully they always have a bit of other stuff: blues, bluegrass, country, even the odd rock/pop act. KT Tunstall mashed up Big black horse and the cherry tree with Seven Nation Army :shock: , maybe more to your taste Sam Outlaw was great entertainment (I'm becoming a true fan of pedal steel). The less known acts often are the best in this sort of event, Jerron Blind Boy Paxton seemed to have come out of a time capsule taking us back to pre-war blues.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:42 pm

I saw Stevie Nicks Sunday past at the Civic Center (don't know what corporate sponsor owns the naming rights these days) in Baltimore. Outstanding show. Waddy Wachtel leads her band. He's a great guitarist. Stevie was in fine form. I love her ballads. She did a ton of them. The Pretenders were scheduled to play too but Chrissie Hynde has been sick lately so they canceled and I'd say 1/3 of the attendees turned their ticket in. I got to sit in a great seat for $50.00 (the cheapest ticket price). A great night.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:52 am

Sounds like a good show. I have to admit I just can't bring myself to pony up the high ticket prices they charge these days, but that's the grumpy old man in me.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:02 am

I saw Bill Kirchen (of Commander Cody fame) in a small venue in Brighton Tuesday.

I bought Lost in the Ozone in 1971 and even based the guitar part of one of my songs on the riff in Hot Rod Lincoln so was amazed to find out the guy who played it was appearing just 20 minutes walk away.

Brilliant gig. That guy can play and was an excellent performer. His version of Hot Rod Lincoln was amazing. I managed to get a little chat with him beforehand and told him I'd based a riff on one of his! He seemed quite pleased. He finished our chat by saying

"Do you know what the best thing about all this is? We're both still alive" :)
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:55 am

:)
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Peter Wolf (formerly of the J. Geils Band), Baltimore, MD, July 24, 2017.

Petty and the Heartbreakers were on top of their game. I've never been a huge Petty fan but I got a ticket for cheap to the sold out show so I went. I'm glad I did. Except for an unnecessary two or three song dead zone in the middle of the show, they played classic rock radio hits from start to finish. For an old buildng, the Civic Center in Baltimore has good sound. Worth it if you can see them.

Wolf wasn't bad either. My first concert was the J. Geils Band in '73 so I have a warm spot for them.
1 x
My albums

My songs

My website

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 am

Roger Waters. The US+THEM tour. Xcel Energy Center. St. Paul, MN. Great show! I never saw Pink Floyd so it was awesome to hear some of the old PF songs like "careful with that axe Eugene." Etc. plus all the hits.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:42 am

Roger Waters, Verizon Center, Washington, D. C., August 5, 2017:
Lungfruit wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 am
Great show! ...all the hits.
What Lungfruit said. :rock:

I did see Pink Floyd on their Dark Side of the Moon tour in '73 and they never got any better than that but, still, this was a worthy performance by Waters.
1 x
My albums

My songs

My website

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:30 am

The Cracks wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:42 am
Roger Waters, Verizon Center, Washington, D. C., August 5, 2017:
Lungfruit wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 am
Great show! ...all the hits.
What Lungfruit said. :rock:

I did see Pink Floyd on their Dark Side of the Moon tour in '73 and they never got any better than that but, still, this was a worthy performance by Waters.
DSOTM!!!...'73!!! WOW!!! One of my dream shows. Too bad I was only 7 at the time :shock:

I did catch Roger on The Wall tour in both '10 & '12. It was a once in a lifetime event to see my favorite PF album done live. I also saw David Gilmour last year and that was an enjoyable show as well.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:18 pm

Lungfruit wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:30 am
DSOTM!!!...'73!!! WOW!!! One of my dream shows. Too bad I was only 7 at the time :shock:
:metal: '73 was a great summer at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD. Spin Magazine did this write up on it. I saw my first concert that summer - J. Geils and Black Oak Arkansas. J. Geils was the headline act but they had to come out first for some reason. I saw many shows that summer.
1 x
My albums

My songs

My website