BandCamp.com - a quick review

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: BandCamp.com - a quick review

Post by The Cracks » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:39 am

My latest batch of songs have been herded into a new album that I call My Maryland on bandcamp. (I post my albums on bandcamp and all my work on soundclick.)

I chose that title because the Maryland State Song has been my primary focus throughout the last two years or so and the album has three recordings of the song (or versions of it). But I did a lot of piano songs so I thought of calling it "End of An Era" but since I love playing the piano I doubt that it is the end of an era. At least I hope it's not. I also could have called it "Melody" as I think that may be one of the best written songs I've ever done and certainly one of my favorites. Plus this collection of songs do contain some good melodies. Of course I could have called the album crap as that is what it mostly amount too when all is said and done. :music: But it's a fun hobby/art/craft.
2 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:24 am

I never really got my head around Bandcamp. I opened an account years ago but never posted anything.

The album sounds good Sean. I definitely wouldn't call it "crap" ;)

There's an intensity that's missing in a lot of contemporary music.

I enjoyed it.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:56 am

I like the interface, although the lack of a volume setting has always annoyed me.

As for the album, who doesn't love a Cracks album?
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:29 am

Thanks Dick and Zoetrope.

It's still fun doing this stuff to a degree.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson