Amazon Prime one day price drop Friday 9/25/15

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amazon Prime one day price drop Friday 9/25/15

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:21 am

If you've been contemplating getting a Prime membership, this Friday they drop the price from $99 to $67 in honor of their Emmy wins.
You can use the link above to get the deal on Friday, 9/25/15 only.
I've had Prime for a long time, well worth the money.
0 x

Markdog
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Amazon Prime one day price drop Friday 9/25/15

Post by Markdog » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Is it worth the money? I see it as a money grab.

I've buy a lot off Amazon.ca the Canadian version and almost everything is free freight and arrives in 2 or 3 days unless back ordered. (Even when Amazon says 5-7 or 7-10)

Never understood what the Prime thing did for you.

I do prefer to support my local retailers and will even pay a bit more to do so BUT more often than not they rarely have stock. Run around the city trying to find a certain item and you quickly start buying more and more on line.
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:05 am

Not sure about the Canadian Amazon experience. Here in the States generally you need to have $25 or more in one order to get "super shipper" free shipping, which is about 5 days if I recall correctly. It's been years. The automatic free 2 day shipping on Prime is one of those things you just get used to. And their free video offerings are icing on the cake. I've been watching all the old Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes with my kids. And my friend Jill's show, "Transparent", is brilliant and just won 5 Emmys (the reason for the promotion above).

In short, it's one of those things that once you have it you can't imagine not having it. But yeah, if you're willing to wait longer for orders to arrive and can find free shipping on most of your purchases, possibly not worth the extra money.
0 x

guitar fan
Yoda
Yoda

Post by guitar fan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:58 am

I'm a prime member too.
Ok, I always receive anything on time but I don't order that much, so...is it worth the money?
0 x
Guy