This forum is Coming up on 15 years

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

This forum is Coming up on 15 years

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:32 am

This forum was started Jun 4, 2001 as a Zoom PS-02 forum. As we approach the 15 year anniversary I just wanted to thank everyone who participates and shares their knowledge and love of music. We've seen people come and go over the years, but the forum lives on. I hope to keep it running as long as people find it useful. Here's to those who've come and gone, those who stayed, and those yet to come. :^:

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: This forum is Coming up on 15 years

Post by lucas » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Thank you for the space, Zoe!

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Yeah, but I wish it was half as lively as it was 10 years ago. I guess the trend for music sites like this has slowed. I was a member of several forums like this. I've seen them all become ghost towns. I was hoping that wouldn't happen here, but it has, to a lesser degree than some, but it's slowed down quite a bit over the past 5 years or so. I really hope things pick up eventually. As Zo said, this has been a very helpful place for a lot of people.

:D
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Amazing 15 years. Thanks Zoetrope for your dedication and generosity.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:45 am

:clap:

Congratulations Zoetrope!

I'm coming up on my 10th. Still doing home recordings (see my Maryland, My Maryland thread) if not new songs at the old pace, and still love hearing all the new productions from Zoom members.

Change is the one constant in our universe so we shouldn't expect any different from the 2090 forum.
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:34 am

Just over 10 years for me. Jan 31st 2006. Considering many other music sites appear to be struggling it's good to still see activity here. I've made a lot of friends here and even managed to meet some. I meet Charles (chf) regularly in London and Tim (ferret) when he's over from France but missed the meeting with Tony when he was here a few years ago. I've had coffee with Stevo and met Albert (storpotaten) in Antibes and Guy (guitarfan) in Paris. If I manage to overcome my fear of flying I'd like to meet up with some of you chaps across the Atlantic (and of course it would be lovely to welcome you over here) :)

There has been some brilliant music posted here and it's a pity it's slowed down but as Sean says, change is constant. What I've liked is watching how folks have developed their music over the years and how their writing, performing and production skills have improved.

I've just had a look at the members list. 7699 registered! I wonder where they all are now?

All credit and thanks to you Marc and I hope it carries on :)

Cheers

Dick
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:30 am

I've not been here long, but it's a great place. Thanks for keeping it alive Zoetrope.

AlexeiY
been here a while
been here a while

Post by AlexeiY » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:32 am

I'm also a newcomer, but am impressed by the level of knowledge of the participants. It's also a very friendly place.
Thanks to all for your participation and especially to you, Zoetrope for all that you do to keep it going.
Kudos,
Alex

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Thanks Zoetrope for all your work for this great forum. Even if the songwriting side of the forum goes a bit quiet, which would be a shame, there will always be interest in discussing zoom products, for as long as they keep getting used!
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:56 pm

This was the place that I found an answer to an MRS question on, and it proved to be an integral part of my musical life for many years. I caught it when it was a young five years old. Zoom forum was the answer to my musical id that proved to be a place of friendship and fun, learning and teaching - the first place to check on as well as the last. I still have to come back and check in every now and again. It's a part of me.
What great memories this website has provided. My heartfelt thanks for what it is and once was. May it continue to serve.
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

nicka
Yoda
Yoda

Post by nicka » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:30 am

Good effort Zoe keep up the good work keeping the forum alive, although i only check in about every 6 months or so i still keep telling myself that one day when i slow down i plan to get back into playing and recording and I'll be posting right here to put you all through some pain again :)
Nick

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Hey Zoomers!!!
I don't post much at all here anymore, but I do stop by to see what's up pretty often...I'm glad the forum is still goin', although it's slowed down a lot, it's still kickin'...This is still "home" for me, and always will be. I pretty much cut my teeth recording/mixing-wise here, & still have a lot of great memories about this place...

Things are very different for me now, I've had some health issues that have rendered me physically unable to work anymore. I had a light heart attack around the last of Sept. '15, & a major one on Oct. 28th, which left me in CCU for about 3 days (and just to be honest, I'm very lucky to have survived). So, in short, no more coal mining (or anything else that's physically strenuous) for me anymore...I did recieve my disability a month or so ago, but it doesn't actually start on a monthly basis until May. A couple/few more weeks, & I'll be able to survive without having to worry too much...

I still record here at home, but again, things are really different than before, but I do the best I can, like we all do...

Hope everybody is doing ok, hang in there, the ride gets bumpy sometimes, but you've just gotta hang on... :lol:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, Carlo Robelli
EVH LBX 15w, EVH 4x12, Marshall 1960A
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 'phones
NI Komplete Audio 6, Alesis Q25, M-Audio BX8
Shure, Sennheiser, Audix, Samson, Behringer & Carvin mics
Dell Desktop: Intel Quad Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, Windows 7

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

guitar fan
Yoda
Yoda

Post by guitar fan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:04 am

Hello James
I'm very sad to read this.
All the best to you, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Guy

squatch57
new to this board
new to this board

Post by squatch57 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:31 am

Thanks for the forum Zoetrope, another newbie from Oz here!
I just bought an HD16, so I went through all 110 pages of the HD16 section so I could learn and not ask annoying questions

I've been midi sequencing since 1985 (Yamaha CX-5M, Atari ST, 286, 386, 486, Pentium), but this is my first HD recorder!
My bandmate has an MRS1608 so I thought we could swap projects to work on (easier said than done)

Lovin' the HD16 so far, such a nice machine (except I didn't get a recovery disc with it of course!)
It seems like 2007 must've been the peak for China making nice solid devices (Like my Zoom and Eventide Timefactor)

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

I find reading the manual to be a cathartic experience (assuming they actually give you one). :)

squatch57
new to this board
new to this board

Post by squatch57 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:39 am

Thanks Zeotrope, I've got a special throne for reading the manual :tolietpaper: :P
I'm lucky this HD16 was only used for recording rehearsals, it's a nice one

I was mainly looking through the thread for user feedback and questions like: can I load a 1608 project?, can I find a USB card
for my buddy's 1608?,can I run it at a 30 degree angle on my music stand?, where do I get a disc?, solid state conversion etc

My friend just upgraded his old Akai S950 sampler with a new display and floppy to USB conversion
It'd be nice to find him a USB for his MRS1608 but he still uses an MC50 for sequencing and doesn't care about computers!
He does seem to get amazing album quality results with the 1608, Roland MC50, Akai S950 and a little Korg X-5 module

Funny when I realised I've been 24 years between Zoom gadgets. I had a 9030 rack in '92 but nothing else until this weeks HD16

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi James, I'm really sorry to hear about your problems. As you say, hang in there and all the best.

Cheers

Dick
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here