R.I.P. Sir George Martin

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
AlexeiY
been here a while
been here a while

R.I.P. Sir George Martin

Post by AlexeiY » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:43 am

I'm not sure where to put this, but this sub forum seemed to fit the topic......

Sir George Martin has passed away; he was 90 years old.
He is a legend in music production and was also a fine musician in his own right. An amazing body of work, especially when one considers what tools were available in his era.
Rest in Peace, Sir George and many, many thanks for the music.
3 x

AlexeiY
been here a while
been here a while

Re: R.I.P. Sir George Martin

Post by AlexeiY » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:27 am

Further to Sir George Martin's passing, I ran across this video on YouTube and thought that I'd post it here for the community of musicians/recorders/producers who peruse these posts....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbSDcan7WWE
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:08 am

He certainly was the innovator of many of the recording and production techniques in use today. "Necessity is the mother of invention" is true in the case of GM's and the Fab Four's relationship. The Beatles brought the necessity and GM invented the way to bring it about.

:D
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:06 pm

The Beatles ushered in a wonderful time in music and Sir George was that usher. We'll not see anything like it again in our life times, I would guess.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson