What do you think of the Zoom ARQ?

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
guitar fan
Yoda
Yoda

What do you think of the Zoom ARQ?

Post by guitar fan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvTfB4g1W3I

Original!!
But I'm not sure that everybody will spend $600 for it...
0 x
Guy

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Re: What do you think of the Zoom ARQ?

Post by greenA2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:08 pm

We discussed it at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22438 . It's telling that zoom lists it under "digital instruments" rather than " drum machines" in their north America website.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:10 pm

I don't understand it or the music it produces.

It dawned on me the other day, the generation of music that I grew up on really will die out some day, probably sooner rather than later. A whole new style is in now and they are digging it.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:47 am

The Cracks wrote:I don't understand it or the music it produces.

It dawned on me the other day, the generation of music that I grew up on really will die out some day, probably sooner rather than later. A whole new style is in now and they are digging it.
They may be, but I'm not. :? :evil:

I've been thinking the same thing lately. But think about how much music changed between our (Sean's & my) generation and our parent's. They thought the Beatles were "noise". Their parents probably thought Cole Porter was "noise". Every generation has it's own sound. Interesting how it evolves.

:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp