IKM Sample Tank 3 CS - now imports

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

IKM Sample Tank 3 CS - now imports

Post by lucas » Wed May 04, 2016 5:35 am

As of v3.6.5 SampleTank 3 Custom Shop (free) now imports older SampleTank instruments.
Custom WAV samples can be imported as well, but you have to designate the starting note in the front of the name with a space before the actual name.
EX: 'C1 Kick001.wav' or 'C#1 Snare001.wav', etc. So it's kind of a pain if this has not been done already.

I was able to successfully import Miroslav Philharmonik CE and all of the my SampleTank 2.5 (free version) instruments into ST3 CS.
I did lose some ambience or reverb for some of the Miroslav instruments, but that can be replicated with the delay and reverb native to ST3 CS.
Now I can use the Miroslav and SampleTank 2.5 instruments with an x64 based plugin.
I'm almost completely x64 based now.
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: IKM Sample Tank 3 CS - now imports

Post by voclizr » Wed May 04, 2016 7:24 am

I wonder if you can tell me why I have a problem with Miroslav. Their tech support doesn't seem to have an answer. :evil:

When I load the program into Sonar X3, if I use more than one instrument channel and save the project, and I later go to launch the project it doesn't load. It just kind of hangs as if it's going to load but does not. It would stay there forever if I let it. It doesn't freeze Windows or anything else. It just fails to load the particular project containing the Miroslav files.

Things I've tried (as per IKs Tech Support):
Installed Sampletank (Newest version). Same problem. Besides, the instruments sound a little weird through ST.
Launched the programs(s) in Administrator Mode. Same problem.

I gave up. I just created a work around in which I don't save the project with the Miroslav instruments loaded. I just save the MIDI files on piano or some other instrument after I export those parts as audio WAVs. If I have to re make those parts I open the project and switch the parts from piano to the Miroslav instruments, then export the WAVs again.

I was going to give up hope for a solution, but seeing that you are a Miroslav user, maybe you have an answer.

Thanks!
:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by lucas » Wed May 04, 2016 2:11 pm

unfortunately, I can't be of much help.
I haven't really used it much and then only for basic things, but it's always worked fine in Reaper.
you can try loading it in Reaper or another DAW and see if it works OK.
If it does, it's an issue with Sonar.
You might also try deleting and re-importing Miroslav into the latest version ST3.
The sounds might sound different because of the loss of reverb, delay or ambience that seems to be missing from the imported sounds.

Have you tried looking through Sonar and IK forums for help?
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed May 04, 2016 2:22 pm

lucas wrote:
Have you tried looking through Sonar and IK forums for help?
I've been back & forth with their tech support (via email) several times. The last time he just told me to try opening the project in administrator mode. That does nothing, so I gave up.

I think it is a Sonar issue, though. In the past I used it with Samplitude and this wasn't an issue. I'm really beginning to think I made the wrong choice with Sonar. I have this issue and another with EZ Drummer2 (as a result I can't use it) and nobody seems to be able to figure these things out. One of these days I'm going to try Pro Tools. :roll:

0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by lucas » Wed May 04, 2016 11:50 pm

Your signature says you also have Samplitude.
Does it work correctly in that?.

I would also suggest installing Reaper in portable mode and see if it works OK with Miroslav for you.

Do you have any trouble with the Miroslav stand alone?
0 x

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by lucas » Thu May 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Sorry, I re-read your previous post and realized you said it worked in Samplitude.

Last question is are you using the 64-bit (x64) version of Sonar X3?
This is known to cause issues with Miroslav 32-bit plugin.
if using 64-bit Sonar, the 32-bit Miroslav has to be 'bridged' to function.
while many 32-bit plugins work fine this way, some glitch out and the old 32-bit Miroslav is reported to to have issues.
if you are using Sonar's built in bridge, you might try using JBRIDGE instead.

If you want to test it in Reaper, be sure to test it in both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions.

The new version of Miroslav Classic Edition is out now. It's $99 until June 1st.
or you could wait a year or 2 and see if it shows for $15 on AudioMidi's 'No Brainer' sale.
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu May 05, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm not using any kind of bridge (that I know of), but my MP is definitely 32 bit while Sonar is definitely 64 bit. Thanks, Lucas. You may have just given me the answer.

0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Fri May 06, 2016 7:51 am

If you've imported the MP sounds into ST3, then you aren't dealing with a 32/64 problem.

I use Sonar (Plat) and Reaper (5.18), both 64 bit. Sounds imported into ST3 (mine is full) from ST2, MP, S-Moog, -Tron and -Synth all work fine with Sonar and Reaper. I have NOT done full expression testing or anything else detailed with MP ...

Reaper's trial is fully functional. I would download and install (portable option as suggested above) and compare your results to help nail the problem down.

Be very careful with Reaper though. You run the risk of really liking it ... ;)
0 x

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by lucas » Fri May 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Voc, were you able to get it working in Sonar or Reaper or another DAW?
voclizr wrote:Launched the programs(s) in Administrator Mode.
I forgot to ask, but did you also install Sonar and all your plugins using Administrator mode?
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Fri May 27, 2016 8:52 pm

lucas wrote:Voc, were you able to get it working in Sonar or Reaper or another DAW?
voclizr wrote:Launched the programs(s) in Administrator Mode.
I forgot to ask, but did you also install Sonar and all your plugins using Administrator mode?
I did. No joy. I gave up on that weeks ago. :evil: :(
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp