Resources for sound libraries and more

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
dickl
The Force
The Force

Resources for sound libraries and more

Post by dickl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:01 am

A list of sound libraries, DAWs and other stuff you might find useful. It's aimed more at composers but it's still a good resource and it's a fairly comprehensive list of orchestral sounds (I never knew there were nearly so many!). It would be better if the comments section was populated but perhaps that comes later.

Library/DAW resource
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resources for sound libraries and more

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:49 am

Oddly missing my favorite DAW, Mixcraft. Yes, it's easy to use so not as "serious" as some of the others, but has capabilities well beyond what most would need. Not sure why they have a "comments" column with no comments, work in progress?

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:25 am

Reading the "cover" page it seems that you should email the guy who set up the page with any comments so maybe you can tell him about Mixcraft :)
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:47 am

It's kind of a weird format isn't it, like he went from Excel to the web. It's a worthwhile project though. He should turn it into a Wiki so people can easily add their comments.

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Zoetrope wrote:It's kind of a weird format isn't it, like he went from Excel to the web.
It's a google docs sheet, so google's web based excel equivalent.
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:29 pm

Left out a few (Garritan, for one). And I guess Toontrack is also beneath this person's standards (Not even Superior Drummer??!!! C'mon! :evil: ) Latest Propellerhead Reason version is up to number 9 now and they fail to list Cakewalk Sonar's full selection of Artist, Professional and Platinum. Not a full list. Just the ones this person likes (Typical! :roll: )

:D
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:49 am

It's aimed at composers rather than rock musicians so that might explain why some libraries are missing but I think he's aware of that and has asked for comments so you can email him.

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:38 am

It's more fun just to bitch about it here. :)

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 pm

dickl wrote:It's aimed at composers rather than rock musicians so that might explain why some libraries are missing but I think he's aware of that and has asked for comments so you can email him.
I know what you're saying, Dick, and maybe I'm being a bit too hard on the person. After all, there are so many out there it's almost impossible to keep up with everything. Maybe I'll email them with suggestions.

:D
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:44 pm

The Wiki digital audio editor / multitrack comparison is pretty comprehensive but still by no means complete.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari ... io_editors
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:08 am

Ah, but it's editable! :)