Sad news about guitarfan

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sad news about guitarfan

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:50 am

Sungodv wrote:I was just thinking, one cannot see this sub-forum without logging in.
Good point. I just flipped the switch so that this sub-forum is publicly view-able.
2 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks Marc. I don't know if she will look but at least she can.
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:15 pm

That is very sad news. Guy always impressed with his musicianship and his friendly posts.

Thanks Dick for letting us know.
1 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:45 am

My condolences to Guy's family.
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:36 am

WOW! I'm just floored to read this! I just can't believe what I'm seeing here! I haven't been on forum in months and was reviewing all the old members jams and could only find Guy's most recent thing on that old Korg unit. Sad news indeed. He was always and will still be one of my favorite members. He was always so kind to me and one of my biggest inspirations to keep playing and recording. I studied quite a few of his compositions.
sad sad sad sad. :( :( :( :( :(
Here's one of our collabs from was back for old times sake. I played my ES135 and also the Fender Jazz. He is the heart of this song. 2 guitrs, drum programming, sound effects, composition are all him. I just added one guitar and one bass track to it. I'll never forget him! He was truly a musical genuis.

Jungle Fever
2 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:29 pm

I opened up my 4Shared account from WAY back and found an old study I did of one of Guy's tunes. I worked HARD on this piece. As soon as I saw the old song I was like "Yes, GuyD"! He was a strong influence on me. I wish I'd had kept in touch better.
Both the jam track AND the final track w/lead added glued together here. I tried to upload it to SoundClick but it failed miserably like 5x on my desktop and twice on my lappy. Guess it'll hafta reside in it's tomb on 4Shared!
Long Live Guy's memory. I for one, will never forget him!

Now I'm off to try and find his original ver. If I can't find it here it might be on my desktop or external drive.
I found it! The original post from Guy was still in cyberspace! But the link to his version was a dead end! Sad! He was stoked for surfers! That is cool.
Also residing in the original post is a link to a vid I did at the height of the study playing along to Guy's original song! He had THE most unique style.
Surfer's Dream Video

Link to Guy's original post for "Surfers Dream"

Surfer's Dream
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:25 pm

I always still think about GuyD/guitarfan! :( :shock: He inspired me so much. I remember when he sent me this jam and I played along to it for like a week. Finally hit REC adding my acoustic guitar, electric bass, and a tabla vsti to his amazing guitar playing and brilliant song writing. We ended up w/this mellowest of mellow acoustic jams.
His palette was a large one to draw from.
Offshore Mornings
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:47 pm

surfercook wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:25 pm
I always still think about GuyD/guitarfan! :( :shock:
I know. I think of Guy all the time. It's amazing how the music connects us all. I've never met Guy once in my life but I miss him much.

This is good, Marc. I have one that Guy and I did together. I have to write some lyrics to it and record them. I just don't want to half-ass it though and I'm not really up for a full production. It's a rocker and I just don't feel like I can generate that much energy right now.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:49 pm

The Cracks wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:47 pm
I have one that Guy and I did together. I have to write some lyrics to it and record them. I just don't want to half-ass it though and I'm not really up for a full production. It's a rocker and I just don't feel like I can generate that much energy right now.
Send it to me please. I'd love to study a gitfan freshie! :type: :guitar:
0 x