Forum restrictions question - Search Feature

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
jkh0208
new to this board
new to this board

Forum restrictions question - Search Feature

Post by jkh0208 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:38 am

I've got one major issue with the search feature on this forum, and was wondering if anyone knows a workaround. If I do any searches that contain 3 letters or less, it ignores the 3 letter terms from the search. That means I can't do searches that contain both R8 and R24, and most people don't say "Zoom R8", "Zoom 24" in their posts, they simply say "R8" or "R24". How do I do a search that contains "R8" and "R24" given these restrictions?

Thanks!
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum restrictions question - Search Feature

Post by Zoetrope » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:26 pm

I would do a Google search with site:zoomforum.us in the search, plus whatever terms you are searching. Google indexes this forum more than once a day.
0 x

jkh0208
new to this board
new to this board

Post by jkh0208 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks! I'm a tad surprised that Zoom imposes this sort of restriction on their forums considering much of their equipment is generally referred to in 2-3 letters.
0 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:56 pm

This forum is run by users (Zoetrope), not by the Zoom company. I'm guessing the restriction is of the phpBB software and there's not much that Zoetrope can do short of re-implementing the forum from scratch.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:51 am

True. I think there is a setting in phpBB that allows me to change the search settings, and I vaguely recall trying to do this many years ago and crashing the forum. So . . . Google. :)
0 x