Stopping Soundclick playing ALL your songs

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
dickl
The Force
The Force

Stopping Soundclick playing ALL your songs

Post by dickl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm

I've noticed that Soundclick is like Soundcloud in that it doesn't play just the song you linked to. It now starts at the top of the list and works its way through.

I've not found a way to stop it either on Soundcloud or Soundclick.

Has anybody else managed to link to just one song and not have any others following?

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Stopping Soundclick playing ALL your songs

Post by The Cracks » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:27 pm

I hate it! I can't seem to stop it either.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Music Page.JPG
Try clicking on the "Music Page" link off your main artist page then use the link provided on the info page. Use the "Share URL" link. I think that works. Testing grounds here! :P
I love this song. It reminds me of some jazz from Europe!
Cookin'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:26 am

That's what I do but once it's finished playing it starts to play through the other songs on my page.

The same with Soundcloud. The only thing |I've found with Soundcloud is to set up a playlist of songs flagged "favourite" and at least it plays through that.

Nice picking :)
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:49 am

it's a pain. I did create a playlist and then took that and tried to share it, but when it gets thru the tunes I chose it seems to continue, but I am nto sure. I wound up linking it to the facebook page for my music, and it highlights the top 5 or ten songs. It is a royal pain, some of that older stuff, I don't want to delete but it is obviously no longer representative of my singing or playing.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:47 am

Yes Bill it's a pain!

I emailed Soundclick but as yet haven't had a response. I will post it if there is one.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 am

And it's not fair to the listener. When someone agrees to listen to one of my songs and to spend their valuable time with me for three minutes or so, they aren't anticipating getting roped into a whole album of my crap.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:52 pm

I've had a response from Soundclick.

There is no way at the moment to link to a single song but they will be looking to include it in a future release!

At least they came back to me and also sorted an issue with links from an ipad.

Cheers

Dick
1 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm

a response is good. Hope they come thru with that feature. would be nice if you could just link to a playlist and set up 5-10 songs you want to have play.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:58 am

I'd suggest emailing them with that suggestion Bill. Perhaps if they got enough emails they might put the changes in sooner rather than later.
0 x