Video from Saturday's gig

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Video from Saturday's gig

Post by Omegaman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 am

I promised video from a blues festival but the promoter was sketchy so that band opted out. I played this past Saturday, and used my SJCAm (Go Pro) to shoot some video and my Tascam DR 05 for audio. I gotta say it was a biatch getting Premiere to play the video, I had to convert it, and then synch it. Lots of back light from the doors, but here are two tunes, Thank you (Farlettin me be Mice Elf) and Brown Sugar. Elks club huge out door pavillion, on a sunny day it would have been beautiful, but it was soggy.... Anyway here is the video.

https://youtu.be/ItdJGzn_41s
1 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Video from Saturday's gig

Post by The Cracks » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:33 pm

:clap: Very good. Cool rock and roll band.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

still_fiddlin
been here a while
been here a while

Re: Video from Saturday's gig

Post by still_fiddlin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 am

Good band. Yeah, too bad about the backlighting, but I think I've seen more bad video from those GoPro cameras than good, TBH. What is the native format on those cameras? Surprising Adobe Premiere had trouble with it! (Did you try tinkering with the shadow/highlight stuff to see if it could compensate for some of that backlighting?)

P.S. I wish someone would do the BBcode mod so links opened in a new tab/window!
0 x