Soundclick Notification

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
dickl
The Force
The Force

Soundclick Notification

Post by dickl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:22 am

Has anyone else had a notification about redundant accounts and the 1 artist - 1 account policy?

It's annoying as the accounts they are referring to are completely separate projects.

We have a '1 artist - 1 account' policy on SoundClick. This means that there should only be one page per artist name. You can have multiple artist pages, but they must be for considerably different artists or projects. We ask you at this time to consolidate your multiple accounts for the same artist into one band account. We're working on an album feature for the band pages, this will make it more convenient for bands and listeners alike to enjoy your music grouped by album.

I wasn't aware of the 1 artist 1 account policy. Was anybody else? Considering they don't appear to have the album function up and running yet I'm not sure what they intend to do.

I'll email them and ask what I'm supposed to do?

Create new artists perhaps with different email addresses?

All a bit weird.
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Soundclick Notification

Post by voclizr » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:08 am

dickl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:22 am

We have a '1 artist - 1 account' policy on SoundClick. This means that there should only be one page per artist name. You can have multiple artist pages, but they must be for considerably different artists or projects. We ask you at this time to consolidate your multiple accounts for the same artist into one band account. We're working on an album feature for the band pages, this will make it more convenient for bands and listeners alike to enjoy your music grouped by album.

Looks something like the notice I got approx 5 or 6 years ago when I had 3 different pages on my account. I logged in one day and saw that two were deleted, leaving only the main account with my name. If you ever need tech support don't count on it either, at least on a free account. I asked a question three years ago and have yet to hear from them about it. Like Elwood Blues says "What da ya want for notin', Bow Bow Bow".

:)
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio (RIP), Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:41 am

Interestingly I have had some support from their tech support. It's sometimes taken a few weeks but they have generally come back.

I think that it may be an attempt to get us to pay if we want more than one account. I'm not surprised as what you get for free is pretty good. The one thing I wish they'd change if I was paying for it is that I can link to one song and one song only without it then going on to play every song on that account.

The other things I question is that it allowed me to set up all these pages when you would have thought that their system would reflect their 1 artist 1 account policy and stopped me from doing it.

I've emailed them so I'll let you know if they come back to me.
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:40 pm

I received a notification like that a few years ago even though I had just one account. A few days after receiving the notification my account was deleted. All the finished MP3 master of my song projects up to that point also were gone with no way to recover or restore them.

Needless to state but I've not been a fan of SoundClick ever since. I maintain an account but do not update or rely on it like I use to.
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:49 pm

You have my sympathies.

I have just realised that all links to my new songs don't work. So the links I've posted here and elsewhere are invalid. I don't want to have to create new versions and go through and change all the links.

One reason is that my recent songs are on a specific subject and Soundclick doesn't have a way of linking to a specific song without then playing a whole lot of unrelated songs.

I'm not happy and have written some fairly stiff emails to Soundclick. I'll report back if there are any responses.
1 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:07 pm

And Soundclick have deleted my songs.

I'm f****g furious :evil: :evil:

One email this morning asking me to review and consolidate then deleting my songs a few hours later. As much as Soundcloud can be a pain and doesn't work on my old Mac I think I'm giving up with Soundclick. I even pay them to host my Amokopera songs and they don't even give me proper notice that they are about to delete my songs. Time to look for another host I think even if it is going to be a pain transferring everything over.
1 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:34 pm

I got the same notice, Dick, on my Collabs page. I managed to save them all before they deleted it. I think they saw the page after I asked them a question about something. They gave me the answer and said, "oh, by the way...". But, funny enough, they didn't get my Crack Pot page, where I park my rough sketches, etc.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:21 pm

dickl,

I'm very sorry your songs were deleted. I hoped my experience was not normal but it seems it is normal.

The Cracks,

Good to read that you were able to retrieve your files before they were deleted.

One alternative site you may want to explore is https://www.4shared.com/. The free account offers 15 GB of file storage.
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 am

Thanks guys,

It gets worse. My Amokopera page that I PAY for is now missing a number of songs and the Queen Caroline page is missing the first song. My main page is also missing songs.

Once again I've emailed them but so far no response.

I'll check out the link Jim. Thanks.

Cheers

Dick
1 x

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:02 am

That's a SoundClick horror story! Sure hope they don't start deleting my library!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube