Great Little PC Keyboard!!

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
voclizr
The Force
The Force

Great Little PC Keyboard!!

Post by voclizr » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

I bought one of these a few weeks ago. It's a great little PC keyboard. It's wireless and has a touch track pad built into it. All it takes is 2 AA batteries which they say will last up to 6 months. Its connectivity uses a frequency type which makes it perfectly reliable no matter what kind of desktop DAW set up you have. My PC is in a bad location below the desktop and it still responds perfectly. I can even activate it from another room! Since it's wireless I can put it anywhere on my desk which increases my working space not limited by a cord.

I bought mine at Staples for about $25.00 (US)
Just thought I'd share this info. It truly is the best little PC keyboard I've ever owned.

:D ;)
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Re: Great Little PC Keyboard!!

Post by surfercook » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Link? ๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽถ
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:52 pm

surfercook wrote: โ†‘
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:38 pm
Link? ๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽถ
The word "these" is a hyperlink as per the URLX. :yes:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 am

When you said "keyboard," I thought you meant "keyboard" :keyboard: , not :type: . :D

I would love a keyboard as you describe that was what I thought you meant. That would be great. A very portable, good sounding keyboard. I might even get back into open mics if I didn't have to cart this big thing around.

Edit: Actually it looks like you can run a small midi keyboard through a smartphone and, I am guessing, ultimately through a speaker. I might check that out...down the road!
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.โ€ Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:40 pm

The Cracks wrote: โ†‘
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 am
When you said "keyboard," I thought you meant "keyboard" :keyboard: , not :type: . :D

I would love a keyboard as you describe that was what I thought you meant. That would be great. A very portable, good sounding keyboard. I might even get back into open mics if I didn't have to cart this big thing around.

Edit: Actually it looks like you can run a small midi keyboard through a smartphone and, I am guessing, ultimately through a speaker. I might check that out...down the road!
I was careful to use the term "PC Keyboard" but that's OK. :D I might've misunderstood it myself at first glance. Perhaps I should've called it an "Alpha-Numeric" keyboard.

As far as my "music keyboard" goes, I'm very happy with my Nektar Impact LX 61, but mine is an older version of the one pictured on this Sweetwater link and does not have the fancy color lighted percussion pads on the upper right. The pads are there on mine but they don't light up.

:D
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:17 pm

The Cracks wrote: โ†‘
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 am

I'm not sure about using smartphones in live situations, they can interfere with the PA, crash while you play etc. There are some very portable good sounding keyboards around depending on budget. I'm not a real keyboard player but if I were you I would look at some of the smaller Roland offerings like the VR09 organ (there is a stage piano in that family, not sure what the model number, now discontinued so probably cheaper), or even the more recent yamaha reface with small keys. Or anything with 49 or 61 full size keys and sounds.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar