[yet] Another open mic vid

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
still_fiddlin

[yet] Another open mic vid

Post by still_fiddlin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 am

And, this is *not* me... I was doing something I enjoy (until the day after, I have to add) after some months off, and recorded several performers at an area open mic last week. Still trying to figure out the camera thing, but am slowly learning. That night taught me the lesson that I should probably turn the cameras off after "n" or so malt beverages because I'm sure to forget there's one RIGHT NEXT ME! [facepalm/]

But, one of my favorite local performers, also late into the evening (so to speak), channeling a bit of Tom Waits I think. Audio recorded on a Zoom H6.
Raoul Chazez performing Looking for Trouble (YouTube video link)
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: [yet] Another open mic vid

Post by dickl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:17 am

Quite a performance and I like the song. Great raspy voice. If I sang like that I wouldn't be able to talk for a week.

I like the drink holders on the mic stands.

Nice recording.

Cheers

Dick
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: [yet] Another open mic vid

Post by The Cracks » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:50 am

Good recording. The performance was good too.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson