Classic DX7 Model

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
voclizr
The Force
The Force

Classic DX7 Model

Post by voclizr » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:21 pm

For those who remember the 80s and the gear that dominated the music scene, you'll no doubt remember the Yamaha DX7 synthesizer. I remember how much I dreamed of having one but couldn't afford the $2000.00 price tag at the time. Now, I bought one at 1/10th the price and just as good, if not better as the original hardware synth as this uses a variety of waves besides sine waves. The original hardware version was limited to sine waves. You can also download and install sysex files available online that were made from the original ROM cartridges for more presets. Now I'm taking as much online (and offline) courses on FM synthesis as I can find. There is also a freebie called the Dexed which comes close, but I tried it and there were MIDI issues I was experiencing with trying to use it in Sonar as a plugin.

Arturia DX7 V
:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp