We're moving to Facebook

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
NucleusX
dues paid
dues paid

Re: We're moving to Facebook

Post by NucleusX » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:33 am

Understood. IMO Zoom should've made you official in some way, or atleast recognize that this is the
first and only real Zoom forum buyer's end up and extended some support to you. Besides, they don't
have their own forums like a lot of the other companies do, Zoom support could really use them.

I wish you all the best Zoetrope, and ty for the 18 years of service you have put into this community.

And farewell to all of you i have known and discussed with over the years, it's been a real pleasure !

Peace. Nuke.
1 x

yodaspeak
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by yodaspeak » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:47 pm

I don't do FecesBook and a lot of others DO NOT also. Bad decision. FecesBook is BAD.

Most importantly, all this content of years of using the Zoom products will be LOST. Any way to retain it, download it? (link to a downloader in an earlier post will not work). Also, Wayback machine sites can't retain this site b/c posts are stored as data, not html pages.

Why in the world would Zoom not have a forum? Their products are basically unsupported now. The poor saps that work for them can't do it.

Peace out,
Yoda
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:50 am

0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:52 am

As for this being a bad decision, I suppose that depends on your perspective. From mine, continuing to spend time and money on this forum for years has not been a great decision. I hope to see everyone over on the new one and regret losing people along the way, but that's life.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Well, it's goodbye from me I'm afraid.

I did try to set up an alternative account on FB (I even managed to get another phone number and email address) but they disabled the new account.

Your account must list your authentic name.
Personal accounts must represent individual people only. It's a violation of our policies to use a personal profile to represent anything other than yourself (ex: celebrities, pets, ideas, objects, etc.).
Impersonating anyone or anything is not allowed.
Maintaining multiple accounts is a violation of our policies.
Accounts created for the purpose of spamming or harassing others are strictly prohibited.

Perhaps it was the IP address.

Good luck with it, I'm sorry to see the forum go, I made a lot of friends in the real world as well as the virtual one.

Good luck in the future.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:17 am

Sorry to hear that. You can make a "Page" on your real account and register for the new forum with the Page instead of your profile. Sounds like Facebook is being a little bitch, which is their default mode. You can always find me at zoetrope @ folkhop.com (remove the spaces of course).
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:50 am

Thanks Marc,

I deleted my original account a couple of years ago so I can't sign on in any form.

I suspect that even though I had a different phone number and email address it's possible they decided as my IP address was the same (although that seems odd as that would preclude anyone living here from joining FB). I also had to supply a photo which I don't remember doing before so I don't think it can be that.

Thanks for the email address. Duly noted.

I hope it goes well.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:04 am

I doubt it's the IP, I generally connect through a VPN and they don't seem to care (unlike LinkedIn). Maybe a cookie? I would try deleting them and starting over. Maybe they took one look at the photo and said, "Hell no!" :hilarious:

Personally I have three Facebook accounts and have no problem juggling between them on the same IP. Maybe they are more strict with accounts outside the US. Just tell them you're a Russian hacker and you want to manipulate US elections and they'll let you right in. :wiggle:

And remember, there's no problem that can't be solved by a pint of beer. Have a drink, then try creating an account. :gosh:

Ok, I need to get back to work. Keep storming the gates, you don't want to miss out on the Zoomforum party. :cheer: :agree:
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Thanks, I'll maybe try doing it from my ipad or phone while I'm connected to wi-fi somewhere (in the pub perhaps ;) ) although now I'll need yet another phone number and email address.
0 x

M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by M.T.Pilot » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 am

I'm not sure if the New Songs section is still available (I had to really search for it as it no longer showed up in the board index for me), but I have posted one last song 'Been With You' over there as my 1000th posting on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26187. As always, and hopefully in the nick of time, I would be interested in you comments on it. :)
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am

dickl wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:25 pm
Thanks, I'll maybe try doing it from my ipad or phone while I'm connected to wi-fi somewhere (in the pub perhaps ;) ) although now I'll need yet another phone number and email address.
You can never have too many.
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am

M.T.Pilot wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 am
I'm not sure if the New Songs section is still available (I had to really search for it as it no longer showed up in the board index for me), but I have posted one last song 'Been With You' over there as my 1000th posting on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26187. As always, and hopefully in the nick of time, I would be interested in you comments on it. :)
Please post it in the Facebook group, I'm shutting this beast down.
0 x