REALITY ZOOM VIDEO!!!

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.

Reality Zoom Video is...

A great idea!
75%
The dumbest single idea I've ever heard up here!!!!
25%

Total votes: 4

Lee
The Force
The Force

REALITY ZOOM VIDEO!!!

Post by Lee » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:30 pm

Okay, that stupid hair thread had me thinking. I'd like my wife to film my haircut and I'd like to post it here (assuming it doesn't make me look to ugly or fat. Yes. I'm "like a girl" but I'm secure enough to admit it). No promises...

I'd LOVE to see little reality clips of anyone of you folks doing whatever. It would be nice to be entertaining, but it could also be mundane. Why? I don't know. Just thought it would get some laughs and help folks to feel like they know one another better.

Who wouldn't want to see a clip of Chas in one of his crazy getups? Even if you have to use your digital camera to film the VCR on your TV (as I did for that car crash clip)... it would be fun.

Just don't get arrested and nothing crazy (stunts, etc.)!
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:23 pm

We could post these things on youtube.

There are issues - mainly for me that I don't have a video camera, though I guess my snapshot camera makes short movies.

Here's a little secret for you. I would have liked to see a video or even a pic of dickl and CHF having a beer - THAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT !!!!
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:31 pm

tonyoci wrote:Here's a little secret for you. I would have liked to see a video or even a pic of dickl and CHF having a beer - THAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT !!!!
No way!!! ...and we all missed it. Thanks guys, for being so selfish. :lol: Did you guys post a thread?
That's pretty cool though. I tried to get together with Bill but then he dumped me! I'm still gettin' over it.

The way I was planning to post stuff was through the digital camera as well Tony. The quality should be fine. I actually filmed my TV with the digital camera for that car accident video. Why I went out with the VHS-C camera is beyond me (I wasn't thinking).

It might be a while before I get anything up here, but I was hoping other people could get it started.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:45 pm

I haven't figured out how to take the 30mb or so AVI files that come from my camera and make them smaller - any tips ?
0 x

chf
Yoda
Yoda

Post by chf » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:51 pm

Hey Lee,

just precisely what "get up" are you referring to? Not the "Buttomatic Lotion Dispenser"? I thought I'd made it perfectly clear that it was a one off.

I don't have a video camera...all my money goes into this place and Alfa Romeos. Having said that, my camera takes videos...but I can't imagine 2 men having a quiet pint at the end of the day being what us brits would describe as rivetting. What do you think, Dick?

But as a community glue, it's a nice idea.

Chas
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:00 pm

tonyoci wrote:I haven't figured out how to take the 30mb or so AVI files that come from my camera and make them smaller - any tips ?
To be honest Tony, I don't know much about video stuff on computers. You could convert it (I think) to a WMV using XP's "Windows Movie Maker" and manipulate the size that way, but it may effect the quality. To be honest, 30MB isn't too big. I'd post it like that.

Chas, I guess it wouldn't be very exciting, but it might be funny. Don't you remember the big laughs you got from the car accident video? Here it is for memories sake: Car accident scene
0 x

chf
Yoda
Yoda

Post by chf » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:19 pm

That video does make me scream with laughter. Thanks for giving it another airing!
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:21 pm

So 2 blokes having a pint isn't interesting, but Mary-Lee getting her hair cut is ????????
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:26 pm

Lee,

c'mon get over it you big hairy, DLR wannabe! You said it was nuts that day, allthose drunken Irishwannabes....(see a theme?) I promise, right here in front of all these folks, we will meet for a frosty one, one of these days. No gigs for me so we will actually have to set a time and place.

tony, check out www.coffeecup.com I just downloaded their free trial of the web video player to convert my trailer to a flash movie, I hope to have it posted this evening, and will post an update here. took an 80 meg QT the other day ( it's since been converted to mono so about 48 meg)down to about 16 meg.

You get about 21 days of a trial and no watermarks like another product I trialed. bout $40 to purchase. the company itself is an interesting read.

I went with flash to be OS independant but it was an interesting trip.
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:35 pm

tonyoci wrote:So 2 blokes having a pint isn't interesting, but Mary-Lee getting her hair cut is ????????
Now Tony I asked that those who knew my given name not to share it up here! Well I never!
Omegaman wrote:...You said it was nuts that day, allthose drunken Irishwannabes....
Yeah, but I was there dressed in my Leprechaun suit and pounding them with Danny Boy and Patrick... hey, wait a minute... :?:
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:53 pm

Thanks Bill, I use the Coffee Cup FTP and HTML Editor. Not sure I want to pay $40 so Lee can watch me making the dinner though.
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:04 pm

tonyoci wrote:Thanks Bill, I use the Coffee Cup FTP and HTML Editor. Not sure I want to pay $40 so Lee can watch me making the dinner though.
(In my best Joe Pesci voice) Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay... I got it! Video some highlights of recording your next song. You know, the setup, a guitar take, a vocal take, during the mix, etc. It may require having your wife do it or a remote control if you have one. If not, just some shots of your setup or something. I don't know... get creative.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see where other people live? Like, what do you see when you look out the window? Meuki is in Japan (I believe), Nick is in Australia, etc... it just seems interesting. As long as it's not like five minutes long.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:27 pm

Meuki is in France, it's ToyGuitar who was Japan I think.

I get the point Lee, but not enough to pay for it :D

I do agree this stuff is interesting, though instead of just taking a few snaps I tend to think about it too much and end up over analyzing. For example on the studio pics I always want to tidy up first, which I never do, even though I should just post it as is.

Tony
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:33 pm

tonyoci wrote:For example on the studio pics I always want to tidy up first...
...and you're calling me Mary-Lee? Lol

Truth be told, I'm a neat freak and the house has to be in order for me to even record. Let alone take pictures or video.

Who ever said there were no woman up here?! :D

If you're camera takes AVIs you could probably make them smaller the way I mentioned (Windows Movie Maker, native to XP sp...something). As far as posting them, I may consider opening a part of my site for uploading if that's the real hurdle. I have more bandwidth and capacity than I know what to do with. Heck, I wouldn't expect more than anywhere from 2-10 vids anyway.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:36 pm

I have no bandwidth problems and I have used Windows Movie Maker, but those WMV files are not great, awful sync problems and they don't play on Apple :D
0 x

sambo
Jedi
Jedi

Post by sambo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:12 pm

yer this sounds cool nice one Lee...

ill see if i have any vids hidden away..

oh wait!! yes i do... ill get on it...

is youtube free and easy? im broke and lazy ya see
0 x
Zoetrope wrote: "Sambo sneaks back in, and no one notices"

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:31 pm

youtube is free but I don't know if it's easy.
0 x